Helicopter Bell AH-1 Cobra. Specifications. A photo.
Bell AH-1 Cobra - US combat helicopter developed in the year 1965 Aircraft Corporation «Bell Helicopter».
Bell AH-1 Cobra photo
The helicopter model Bell AH-1 Cobra became developed by American engineers in the year 1962, in this case, the project resulted in the development of the military as soon as possible, and in 1965, the first prototype of this screw war machine has made its test flight. Unfortunately of aircraft, aircraft performance aircraft performance have not been able to fully meet the expectations of aircraft company management, which is why the project was aimed at technical improvements, where he stayed still for almost two years.
In 1967 year, test trials Bell AH-1 Cobra combat helicopter were resumed, and this model will go into series production, which, thanks to its high combat characteristics, continues to be to this day.
American combat helicopter has a high potential, which ensures high efficiency of the aircraft in the fight against various kinds of ground targets, whether the armed forces of the enemy, or else lightly armored or armored vehicles. Firepower combat aircraft provides an effective fire cover, and in fact, the helicopter can accurately strike targets both on single and on the mass of the enemy groups.
Photo Bell AH-1 Cobra
Armament helicopter, depending on the modification consists of two twin machine guns caliber 7,62 mm. to deal with manpower and lightly armored enemy vehicles; two rocket launchers providing cover fire from the air or the same impact tool against armored enemy equipment; one automatic air gun 20 mm caliber. to deal with lightly armored enemy vehicles or air means.
helicopter crew consists of two people, including one pilot and one hand, and, in the case of the use of rocket launchers and automatic 20 mm. guns, weapons controlled helicopters Bell AH-1 Cobra is himself a pilot, while the shooter is required to control machine-gun turrets. Because the helicopter is classified as military equipment, transportation of its occupants and any cargo is not possible.
The power plant helicopter Bell AH-1 Cobra consists of a gas turbine engine brand Lycoming T53-L-13 (depends on aircraft modifications), the ability to develop traction in 1100 hp that provides high aircraft airspeed, component at its maximum about 350 km \ h., and allows you to overcome the distance in kilometers 575.
Helicopter Bell AH-1 Cobra
Because the helicopter Bell AH-1 Cobra was a very popular model, its production was carried out in several different ways:
- Bell 209 - A basic prototype of an aircraft for the first time tested in 1965 year;
- Bell AH-1G HueyCobra - The production version of the aircraft;
- Bell JAH-1G HueyCobra - A prototype to test various types of weapons;
- Bell TH-1G HueyCobra - Trainer version of the helicopter;
- Bell Z.14 HueyCobra - Modification was ordered by the Spanish Navy, is used as a patrol agents;
- Bell YAH-1Q - A special modification of the helicopter;
- Bell AH-1Q HueyCobra - Upgraded version with an improved weapon system;
- Bell YAH-1R - An upgraded version of the helicopter Bell AH-1G HueyCobra;
- Bell YAH-1S - An improved version of the version of Bell YAH-1Q;
- Bell AH-1S - Modification with improved power plant, allowing to develop traction in 1800 hp .;
- Bell QAH-1S - Unmanned aircraft;
- Bell AH-1P - Structurally optimized version of the helicopter, with heavy armor and a number of improvements in the technical specifications;
- Bell AH-1E - Modification version Bell AH-1S with advanced weapons;
- Bell AH-1F - An improved version, equipped with modern means of avionics and a number of technical improvements;
- Bell 249 - Experimental version of the helicopter;
- Bell 309 KingCobra - An experimental all-weather combat helicopter variant.
Specifications Bell AH-1 Cobra.
- Crew: 2 people (depending on configuration);
- helicopter length: 16,2 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 4,12 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 13,4 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 2630 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4310 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 255 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 350 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 575 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3475 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming T53-L-13 (depending on version);
- Power: 1100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation