Helicopter Bell 47J Ranger. Specifications. A photo.
Bell 47J Ranger - American light multi-purpose helicopter designed in 1956, the aircraft manufacturer «Bell Helicopter».
Bell 47J Ranger Photo
Multi-purpose aircraft were developed for the US Air Force in 1952 year, and despite the fact that this model helicopter was not a battle, the demand in aircraft Bell 47J Ranger has been very high, and, as in the United States and in other countries, because of the possibility of multiple use of the rotorcraft.
Due to its compact size, the helicopter Bell 47J Ranger had not only high maneuverability and speed of movement, but in fact, could be used for different kinds of missions, including in remote regions. In fact, the helicopter Bell 47J Ranger was used for the transport of troops on its board for transporting small loads of small, to perform patrol and surveillance flights, etc. High demand for the aircraft proved by the fact that in a relatively short period of time, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Bell Helicopter» was built 361 machine, some of which continue to operate to this day in spite of the more than 56-year-old age.
His first flight of a helicopter model Bell 47J Ranger has made in 1956 year, however, after 11 years after the start of production, the US military abandoned the operation of the aircraft due to the emergence of new models that are more reliability and efficiency of its use. Nevertheless, still operated for various purposes mentioned above in a number of countries this model helicopter.
Photo Bell 47J Ranger
In the cockpit of the helicopter Bell 47J Ranger model can accommodate up to four people, including one pilot and three soldiers. If necessary, the two passenger seats can be removed, and the helicopter will be able to carry on its board a cargo total weight of up to 507 kilogram (including the weight of its own people present on board). Among other things, some modifications of the aircraft have paired control that allows you to use the aircraft as a means of training.
Helicopter Bell 47J Ranger has one model aircraft engine Lycoming VO-540-B1B, able to develop traction in 260 hp, which is quite acceptable for a given model, providing maximum airspeed in 170 km \ h., With the possibility of overcoming distances of up to 415 kilometers.
HelicopterBell 47J Ranger
Aircraft Bell 47J Ranger models made by American aircraft manufacturers in several different versions and models:
- Bell 47J Ranger - Basic and main production variant of the helicopter;
- Bell 47J-1 Ranger - VIP-military modification for the transport of high-ranking officers and commanders;
- Bell 47J-2 Ranger - Modification, equipped with engine brand Lycoming VO-540-B1B (240 hp);
- Bell 47J-2A Ranger - The production version, equipped with a power plant Lycoming VO-540-B1B3 (260 hp);
- Bell 47J-3 - Modification produced by the Italian company «Agusta-Bell»;
- Bell 47J-3B1 - An improved version of the version of Bell 47J-3;
- Bell 47K - Educational and training modification, developed for the US Navy;
- Bell HUL-1 - Modification developed for the US Naval Forces;
- Bell HUL-1G - A special version for the US Coast Guard;
- Bell HUL-1M - A modernized version, equipped with a turboshaft aircraft engine YT-62-A-3 (250 hp);
- Bell HUL-2 - A draft version of a helicopter turboshaft powerplant ustanvokoy and a number of technical improvements;
- Bell HTL-7 - A training version of the aircraft;
- Bell UH-13J - Modification of the special military aircraft;
- Bell UH-13P - A special version designed for the US Navy;
- Bell TH-13N - A modified version of version of Bell HTL-7;
- Bell HH-13Q - An improved version of Bell HUL-1G;
- Bell UH-13R - An upgraded version of the variant Bell HUL-1M.
Specifications Bell 47J Ranger.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 3 person;
- helicopter length: 9,88 m (depending on version).
- The height of the helicopter: 2,83 m (depending on version).
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,34 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 831 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1338 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 415 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3350 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming VO-540-B1B (depending on version);
- Power: 160 hp (Depending on version).
Helicopter Bell 47J Ranger. Gallery.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation