Helicopter Bell 214. Specifications. A photo.
Bell 214 - American medium-duty multi-purpose helicopter manufactured with 1970, the aircraft manufacturer «Bell Helicopter».
Start of design work to create a multi-purpose helicopter the Bell 214 1968 was laid in the year, at the same time, the helicopter initially assumed its multi-purpose and according to the calculations of American aircraft manufacturers should be used not only in civil, but also military aircraft.
A photoBell 214
In the year 1970 the aircraft made its first flight, however, does not satisfy all requirements, was aimed at further optimization of its design and specifications. In fact, the helicopter model, the Bell 214 was introduced in 1972 year, and initially entered the military service in the armed forces of Iran, where the exploited and as a transport aircraft, and as a full-fledged combat aircraft capable of leading the fight against the armed detachments of the enemy, and lightly armored vehicles.
214 the Bell Helicopter is very well able to show themselves, resulting in his release continued for years 11 - 1970 from 1981 by year, and now, the helicopter continues to be used both for military purposes and civilian.
Bell 214a photo
On board the helicopter the Bell 214 can accommodate up to 16 people - usually we are talking about a military appointment (2 pilot and 14 armed and fully-equipped paratroopers), but the civilian version of the aircraft usually involve placement on the board just 8 people, including also two pilots. When the need arises, on board a helicopter the Bell 214 can be transported as cargo and overall total weight of up to 2818 kg, it is also actively used to supply the armed forces with ammunition and ammunition.
As the weapons on board the helicopter, as a rule, large-caliber heavy machine guns can be used, as well as complete sets of rockets, which in turn allows you to operate the aircraft as the helicopter fire cover. Contrary to expectations, the automatic aircraft gun aboard a helicopter was not provided, and therefore the efficiency of the fight against armored vehicles is very small.
The power plant of the Bell helicopter turboshaft 214 represented by one model aircraft engine Lycoming LTC4B-8D, able to develop traction in 2930 hp, which is one of the circumstances sufficiently high carrying capacity of the aircraft. Cruising speed of the Bell 214 model flight is also very affordable, making up about 260 km \ h., At the maximum possible in 305 km \ h., But the flight range of the helicopter is very much limited, and is, depending on the version, only about 475 km, that with the release of more advanced models of helicopters led to the abandonment of the purchase of the equipment.
Helicopter Bell 214 produced American aircraft manufacturers in the following variants:
- Bell 214 Huey Plus - The first helicopter prototype, performed the flight in 1970 year;
- Bell 214A / C Isfahan - A special version of the aircraft developed by order of the armed forces of Iran;
- Bell 214B BigLifter - Civilian cargo version of the helicopter;
- Bell 214B-1 - Modified version with increased load capacity.
Specifications Bell 214.
- Crew: 2 people (depending on version);
- Capacity: 14 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 14,64 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 3,9 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 15,24 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 3442 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 6260 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 260 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 305 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 475 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5000 m .;
- Powerplant: Lycoming LTC4B-8D (depending on version);
- Power: 2930 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation