The helicopter Agusta A.104 Helicar. Specifications. A photo.
Agusta A.104 Helicar - Italian light multipurpose helicopter designed in 1960, the aircraft manufacturer «Agusta».
Agusta A.104 Helicar photo
The first work on the design of the helicopter Agusta A.104 Helicar Italian aircraft manufacturers began in the second half 50-ies of the last century. Engineers and designers, by working together, set out to create a small but high-performance aircraft that can find application in the field of civil and military aviation in the field.
In civilian use, actively helicopter could be used as an auxiliary air technology, for example for patrol work, monitor the terrain, could be used as a police air tools, and in fact, even be used for private purposes, aided by relatively low price. As for military aviation, there is functionality though they were limited, but despite this fact, the helicopter could be used as a patrol or the supervisory tools.
Despite the fact that for the time of its production model helicopter Agusta A.104 Helicar had some promising model was never put into serial production - for the very period of the project, the Italian aircraft manufacturers was built only three aircraft, including two prototypes and one production version, which exists to this day, however, hardly exploited.
A photoAgusta A.104 Helicar
The first climb of the helicopter Agusta A.104 Helicar in the air held in 1960 year, moreover, the aircraft could not immediately pass the test all the necessary tests, in connection with which, aviarazrabotchikam had to improve the design of the aircraft, and therefore, quickly had a second option prototype, almost completely copies the first with the exception of a number of technical and design amendments.
In the cockpit of the helicopter Agusta A.104 Helicar can accommodate up to two people, including one pilot and one passenger, and according to experts, it is a small capacity of the aircraft contributed to the failure of the project. Moreover, due to the limited space inside the cabin of the helicopter Agusta A.104 Helicar also can not be adapted and under carriage of goods on its board, which is also one of the small shortcomings of this model of air tools.
The aircraft is equipped with Agusta A.104 Helicar one piston aircraft engine brand Agusta GA.140, whose power is 140 hp The helicopter can cover the maximum distance to 330 kilometers at a cruising flight speed in 150 km \ h.
HelicopterAgusta A.104 Helicar
There are two main options for the aircraft of this model:
- Agusta A.104 Helicar - A prototype of the aircraft;
- Agusta A.104BT Helicar - The production version of the helicopter, equipped with a gas turbine engine of the brand Agusta A.270 (270 hp).
Specifications Agusta A.104 Helicar.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 1 people;
- helicopter length: 6,35 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 2,35 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 7,96 m .;
- Weight of empty helicopter: 380 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 640 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 150 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 165 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 330 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3000 m .;
- Powerplant: Agusta GA.140 (depending on version);
- Power: 140 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation