Are you here
The helicopter Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama. Specifications. A photo.
Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama - French military multipurpose helicopter designed in 1969, the company «Aerospatiale».
Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama photo
French design engineers together with a group of talented designers started designing aircraft model Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama in mid-60-ies. The starting base for the creation of this aircraft served as a model helicopter Aerospatiale Alouette II, which proved very unpopular, but had some potential, which was later embodied in the model aircraft Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama.
To ensure high maneuverability and increased functionality, the design of the helicopter Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama has a small size and has a fairly low weight, however, with all this, the use of a powerful propulsion system allows the helicopter to take a large number of people on board, or to transport small, but heavy goods, which in some cases is indispensable.
His first ascent into the air flying machine model Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama has made in March 1969 year, and after another two years, the aircraft was formally presented to the general public.
Despite the fact that the helicopter is also effective for use in civil aviation, where the model is not in operation due to lack of demand as such. Experts believe that in fact, if the helicopter had a more modernized look, the model is almost certainly would have been demanded.
A photoAerospatiale SA 315B Lama
Despite the seemingly small size cabin Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama aircraft, on board a helicopter can accommodate up to five people, including one pilot and four passengers. Besides carrying on its occupants, the helicopter can also be used to transport various types of goods, provided that the maximum mass of the aircraft lifting of the model, will not be exceeded.
In some cases, the helicopter Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama is also used as an independent fighting unit, in particular, the following equipment can be used on board:
- Launcher 12,7 mm. machine gun;
- Set of 6 rockets to combat ground targets.
The power plant helicopter Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama consists of a gas turbine aircraft engine brand Turbomeca Artouste IIIB, which is able to develop traction in 870 hp, allowing the aircraft the ability to accelerate to cruising flight speed in 190 km \ h. The maximum distance that the helicopter Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama can perform air travel, limited 515 kilometers, however, this figure may vary depending on the modification of the aircraft.
HelicopterAerospatiale SA 315B Lama
The helicopter Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama exists in the following variants:
- Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama - The basic production version of the aircraft is to be equipped, depending on the time of production of the type of gas turbine power plants with a thrust of up to 550 870 hp .;
- Aerospatiale HB 315B Gaviao - An improved version of the aircraft produced in Brazil;
- Aerospatiale HAL Cheetah - A modified version of the helicopter, manufactured by Indian aircraft manufacturers;
- Aerospatiale HAL Lancer - A modernized version of the helicopter, equipped with armor and weapons;
- Aerospatiale HAL Cheetal - An upgraded version of the aircraft engine equipped brand Turbomeca TM333-2M2, and possessing increased range and flight speed.
Specifications Aerospatiale SA 315B Lama.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Capacity: 4 people (depending on version);
- helicopter length: 10,24 m .;
- The height of the helicopter: 3,1 m .;
- The diameter of the rotor: 11,02 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty helicopter: 1020 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 215 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 515 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7000 m .;
- Powerplant: Turbomeca Artouste IIIB (depending on version);
- Power: 870 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation