Helicopter Bell 407
Bell407 - multipurpose light helicopter.
Designed by an American firm Bell Helicopter Textron, as the base of the sample used a helicopter Bell 206 L4 Long Ranger.
The first flight of the prototype made 21.04.1994. The first pre-production helicopter was taking off a year 29.06.1995 (CGFOS). The helicopter in the year 1996 was certified TCCA and FAA. The first helicopters ordered firm PetroleumHelicopters. It has been built up over 1999 years 300 helicopters. 15.06.2010 was sold thousandth anniversary helicopter.
Helicopter Bell 407 photo
At Bell 407 mounted bearing chetyrehlopastnym screw designed for OH58D (Model406). The sleeve and the blade without the assigned resource are made of composite material and provide the best in comparison with previous models of comfort and other characteristics of the flight. The design of the main rotor pylon applied anti-vibration tools similar means embedded in the skid landing gear scheme to eliminate the resonance of the ground. In comparison with the Bell 206, wider fuselage 407go on 18 centimeters, which increases the volume of the cabin. Square glass more on 35 percent. On the helicopter turboshaft engine is Rolls Royce / Allison 250 C47: 813l.s take-off power. (606kVt.), Maximum continuous power 700l.s. (522kVt.).
Helicopter Bell 407 cabin
The engine is equipped with a single-channel FADEC type electronic control system. Common stock 477l fuel; in the luggage compartment rear optional extra tank can be placed with a capacity 75l. The engine provides the greatest improvement in take-off weight and the properties at high altitudes and at high temperatures. Glider 407 generally similar in appearance to LongRanger, but it differs from the tail boom, and which is made of carbon fiber. In a typical configuration, the helicopter room for five passengers and two crew members.
The Bell Helicopter 407 1 interior photo
Bell in 1995 year produced a tail rotor test, which is enclosed in the ring, but from this idea was abandoned later. Bell engineers also investigated the possibility of mounting two engines on Bell 407, but instead decided sproektirovotat brand new twin-engine helicopter, called Bell 27. He received as a power plant, two engine production PW206D Pratt & WhitneyCanada.
The Bell Helicopter 407 2 interior photo
Most famous helicopter Bell 407 brought round the world record flight, its route passes through the North and South poles of the Earth. Machine with two crew members on board took off from the airport FortUort (Texas) 5.12.2006 years and returned back to 23.03.2007 years. Within days 189 57900 overcome more kilometers, made a couple of dozen landings, even in the North and South Poles. Net flight time was 300 hours.
Bell 407 - Basic model
- ARH70 .- military option Bell407, percussion reconnaissance helicopter. Issued 4 prototype.
- Bell417 .- enlarged version Bell407, civilian version ARH70.
- Bell407LightObservationHelicopter .Razvedyvatelny military helicopter.
- Eagle407HP .- version with a more powerful engine 1033l.s. (760kVt.).
- Bell407AH .- The civil version, adapted for mounting weapons systems, infrared cameras and night vision.
- Bell407GX .- Option with synthetic vision system and GarminG1000H dashboard.
Features helicopter Bell 407:
- Crew: 1-2pilota.
- Seating capacity: up to 6passazhirov.
- Capacity: 1178 kg.
- Length: 12,74m.
- Fuselage length: 10,58m.
- The diameter of the rotor: 10,67m.
- The diameter of the tail rotor: 1,65m.
- Fuselage Width: 2,29m. (For runners).
- Height: 3,32m.
- The area, which swept rotor: 89,38 sq.m.
- Empty weight: 1203kg.
- Normal takeoff weight: 2268kg.
- The highest take-off weight: 2381kg.
- suspension: 2 721 kg.
- The volume of fuel tanks: 484l (+ 72l luggage).
- Engines: 1 × turboshaft RollsRoyce250C47B.
- Link: 1 × 760l.s. (1 × 606kVt. (Takeoff)).
- Maximum allowable speed: 259km / h.
- Practical range: 611km.
- The duration of the flight: 3chasa42min.
- Ceiling: 6100m.
- Rate of climb:. 6,8m / s.
- The load on the drive: 27,9kg. / Sq.
- Thrust-to-weight ratio: 221Vt / kg. (on the transmission at normal takeoff weight).
- Width of cargo cabin: 1,37m.
- The height of the cargo compartment: 1,0m.
- at the ground: 246km / h.
- at an altitude of 1220m .: 250km / h.
- at the ground: 207km / h.
- at height 1220 213km .: m / h.
- without the use of ground effect: 3170m.
- using ground effect: 3720m.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation