Ultracraft Calypso. Specifications. A photo.
Ultracraft Calypso - lightweight single-engine multi-purpose aircraft, designed and manufactured by the Belgian aircraft manufacturer «Ultracraft» with 1994 years.
Ultracraft Calypso photo
Aircraft Ultracraft Calypso designed exclusively for private use, were developed by the Belgian aircraft manufacturers in 1990 year. Engineers and designers of the company «Ultracraft» came to the conclusion that in order to minimize the cost of the aircraft is required to pay at least attention to the design of the aircraft, which ultimately influenced the high popularity of the aircraft of this model.
The aircraft is made in the configuration vysokokryla, which in turn provided the aircraft high lift force when using a low-power power plant, however, seriously affected the speed of flight, which, however, despite this, the satisfaction of the majority of potential customers needs.
His first flight of the aircraft took place in Ultracraft Calypso 1994 year. Through a fairly simple its design, the aircraft did not require any modifications, and almost immediately was sent to the serial production, where he was both as kits for self-assembly, which allowed further reduce the cost of the aircraft, as well as the already fully ready for operation models , allowing future owners to save their time on the assembly of the aircraft.
Photo Ultracraft Calypso
Initially, the aircraft Ultracraft Calypso did not enjoy great popularity iz-za its rather mediocre performance characteristics - according to 1998 years, was built only one plane and created 12 kits for the assembly, however, taking into account the fact that the issue of the aircraft is carried out in the year 2015, it is to assume that the popularity of this model increased.
On board the aircraft Ultracraft Calypso can accommodate from one to two people. At the same time, due to the longitudinal arrangement of the seats in the cockpit, the passenger seat can be removed and the aircraft can carry on board their small loads with a total weight of up to 230 kilos (depending on the variant of the aircraft).
Powerplant Ultracraft Calypso aircraft includes a piston aircraft engine, which, depending on the aircraft modification, can develop draft from 40 hp 85 hp to that in a certain way affects the number of flight performance of the aircraft, including speed, maximum load capacity, etc. Basic production version of the airplane Ultracraft Calypso can accelerate up to speed in 120 km \ h. (Cruising value) and to overcome the distance to 420 kilometers.
Ultracraft Calypso aircraft production was carried out by the Belgian aircraft manufacturers in the following versions:
- Ultracraft Calypso 1A - The basic production version of the aircraft that can accommodate an onboard one person;
- Ultracraft Calypso 1B - An improved version of the version Ultracraft Calypso 1A, equipped with a piston aircraft engine the Rotax power in 582 65 hp .;
- Ultracraft Calypso 2A - Double aircraft variant with increased wingspan. Equipped with a piston aircraft engine the Rotax power in 582 65 hp and has a higher load capacity.
- Ultracraft Calypso 2B - An improved version of the version Ultracraft Calypso 2A reduced wingspan and used force ustanvokoy piston type Jabiru 2200 85 power in HP
Specifications Ultracraft Calypso.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 5,5 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,66 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,54 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 155 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 130 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 285 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 120 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 145 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 420 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3400 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Rotax 447 (depending on version);
- Power: 40 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation