Transavia PL-12 Airtruk. Specifications. A photo.
Transavia PL-12 Airtruk - Triple multipurpose aircraft of the Australian production, designed in the year 1965 Aircraft Corporation «Transavia Corporation».
Transavia PL-12 Airtruk photo
Development of multipurpose aircraft model ship started by Australian aircraft manufacturers in the early 60-ies of the last century, and, re engineers was a rather difficult task is to create reliable, but fairly cheap aircraft, able to find a wide scope of its application, and, in the commercial sector civil aviation, and private.
Aircraft Transavia PL-12 Airtruk has quite unusual design of its fuselage, in particular, when the length of the plane just 6 35 centimeters meters, wingspan of the aircraft was only slightly less than 12 meters. This fact certainly allows the aircraft greater lifting force, however, greatly reduces its maneuverability, reflected in including the handling, however, given that the production of the aircraft model performed quite a long period, which lasted from 1966 on 1993 years, logically assume that the demand for these aircraft existed.
The aircraft Transavia PL-12 Airtruk found mainly their application in the agricultural sector, where it was used as a means for the treatment of agricultural land, however, the plane among other things was also used for the transportation of small loads, although its ability to do so to some extent limited .
A photoTransavia PL-12 Airtruk
The first flight of the multipurpose aircraft Transavia PL-12 Airtruk in April 1965 years, however, due to the design features of the aircraft, the aircraft was unable to pass all the required test trials in connection with what was sent back for revision, and only at the end of 1965 years the project was able to successfully receive a certificate of its validity, in view of what has become a mass-produced with 1966 years.
The cabin of the aircraft Transavia PL-12 Airtruk allows you to stay on board three people - one pilot and two passengers, and, the interior of the aircraft has a fairly large amount of space that allows the use of the aircraft for the transport of small loads.
Multiple aircraft Transavia PL-12 Airtruk powerplant equipped piston type, consisting of a piston engine of the brand Continental IO-520-D, having a towing capacity of 300 hp This fact allows the aircraft to accelerate to a maximum speed of flight in 270 km \ h., While the maximum distance the flight of aircraft is restricted in 1300 kilometers distance, which is quite acceptable.
AircraftTransavia PL-12 Airtruk
For almost 30-summer release, aircraft manufacturers of the corporation «Transavia Corporation» was built following variations and modifications of the aircraft:
- Transavia PL-12 Airtruk - The basic version of the aircraft, the engine can be combined brand Continental IO-520-D;
- Transavia PL-12U - A multi-purpose version of the plane, operated as a means of sanitary aviation for transportation of goods, delivery of mail, etc .;
- Transavia T-320 Airtruk - Modification of the equipped engine Rolls-Royce Tiara 6-320-2B (320 hp);
- Transavia Skyfarmer T-300 - Agricultural version of the aircraft;
- Transavia Skyfarmer T-300A - An improved version of the version Transavia Skyfarmer T-300;
- Transavia Skyfarmer T-400 - A modernized version of the version Transavia Skyfarmer T-300, equipped with a more powerful power plant, which has large dimensions;
- Transavia PL-12 MIL - A multi-purpose version of the aircraft, on the basis of the modified version of Transavia PL-12U;
- Transavia PL-12 550T - Modification equipped turboprop powerplant brand Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A (550 hp). In mass production, this option has not been launched.
Specifications Transavia PL-12 Airtruk.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 6,35 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,98 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,8 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1020 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 910 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1930 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 230 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 270 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1300 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: Continental IO-520-D (depending on version);
- Power: 300 hp (Depending on version)
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation