Tipsy B. Specifications. A photo.
Tipsy B - light multi-purpose sports Belgian aircraft, developed by designer Ernest Tipsy in 1937 year, and serially produced aircraft companies «Avions Tipsy», «Gosselies Aerodrome» and «Charleroi».
A photoTipsy B
Despite the fact that officially the plane belongs to the class of light sport aircraft, in fact, the aircraft is a multipurpose aircraft, used as a rule for private overshooting the owners of this model.
Designing an aircraft Tipsy B started Belgian designer and aircraft designer Ernest Tipsy in 1935 year, while, in spite of the fact that the draft of the aircraft was very complex, the Belgian managed to quickly implement the idea, which was originally in the visual design, and later in the design, as a consequence, its first flight the aircraft model Tipsy B realized in May 1937 years.
Tipsy B photo
Aircraft Tipsy B almost immediately gained its popularity due to which it was sent to the serial production, and, for the release period, the aircraft was carried out such well-known companies as «Avions Tipsy», «Charleroi» and «Gosselies Aerodrome». However, because of the rather narrow focus of its application, the aircraft had very limited production cycle - just 42 air ships were built for the entire period (including modifications), of which, according to 2015 years, were in operation only multiple instances.
Basic production version of the aircraft Tipsy B had an open cab, which can accommodate two people - a pilot and the passenger, with all this, to carry on its board cargo aircraft adapted not been, and probably served as a sports aircraft, or else used for personal use of private owners. The later version of the aircraft have a closed cockpit, but here due to its structural characteristics, place any number of payload was impossible.
Powerplant Tipsy B aircraft consists of a four-cylinder piston aircraft engine Walter Mikron II, having a capacity of 62 hp, which is very little, but taking into account the class of aircraft, as well as its low weight, the aircraft can accelerate to speeds in 200 km \ h. (Maximum value) and to overcome the distance at distances of 725 kilometers.
Manufacturing Tipsy B airplanes conducted aircraft manufacturers in the following modifications:
- Tipsy B - The basic production version of the aircraft with open cockpit;
- Tipsy Bc - A modified version. It is a complete analog version of Tipsy B, with enclosed cockpit;
- Tipsy Trainer - An upgraded version of the aircraft used for the training of future pilots;
- Tipsy Trainer I - An improved version of Tipsy Trainer version with increased load capacity.
Specifications Tipsy B.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,6 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,5 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,73 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 225 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 225 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 450 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 170 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 200 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 725 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6000 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Walter Mikron II;
- Power: 62 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation