Taylor Cub. Specifications. A photo.
Taylor Cub - lightweight single-engine aircraft, designed and manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer «Taylor Aircraft Company» with 1930 1936 on year.
Taylor Cuba photo
Work on designing a multipurpose aircraft Taylor Cub vessel began in the US aviarazrabotchikami 1927 year. In 20-ies of the last century, the US civil aviation market is very much in need of high-quality and reliable aircraft capable of carrying on its board a cargo and passengers, which in turn became the basis for the beginning of the development of the aircraft.
His first flight of the aircraft model Taylor Cub realized 12 September 1930 years, and after another two months, the project was sent to the serial production of which was for six years, until the advent of more advanced models that can replace a given aircraft.
For its time, the plane Taylor Cub has quite an attractive appearance, but, in addition to design, customers of the aircraft and have attracted very good flight performance of the aircraft, which, as the appearance of modified variants, greatly improved.
Photos Taylor Cub
The cabin of the aircraft Taylor Cub has a very small size, at the same location of the seats in tandem configuration greatly limits the number of people placed on board. Nevertheless, Taylor Cub aircraft is suitable for transportation on its board of two people - a pilot and a passenger, and, if necessary, the rear seat can be dismantled, and the aircraft will be suitable for transporting small loads a total weight of up to 209 kilogram (including the weight of the pilot ).
Taylor Cub aircraft has a high reliability, which makes it very attractive and allows operation of the model including today.
Depending on their modification in Taylor Cub airplane used power plant with a capacity of 20 hp to 40 hp, respectively, that provides the aircraft a maximum speed of movement in 135 km \ h. Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is also very limited, and is only 365 kilometers.
Over the years of its release, Taylor Cub aircraft produced in the following versions:
- Taylor E-2 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Taylor E-2 Cub - The first production version of the aircraft is equipped with a piston-type engine brand Continental A-40-2 40 power in hp .;
- Taylor F-2 - A modernized version of the aircraft version of the Taylor E-2 Cub;
- Taylor G-2 - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Taylor H-2 - An improved version of the aircraft with a three-cylinder aircraft engine used by Say-Kai power in 35 hp .;
- Taylor J-2 - The latest production version of the airplane manufactured by Taylor Cub «Taylor Aircraft Company»;
- Taylorcraft A - An improved version of the aircraft Taylor J-2 with seats located in front of the cab.
Specifications Taylorcraft B.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,86 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,72 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,98 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 231 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 209 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 440 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 115 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 130 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 365 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3700 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental A-40-2 (depending on version);
- Power: 35 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation