Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne. Specifications. A photo.
Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne - French multipurpose combi aircraft, developed in 1945, the aircraft manufacturer «Societe Nationale des Constructions Aeronautiques du Sud-Ouest».
A photoSud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne
Designing an aircraft model Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne has been deployed by French aircraft manufacturers in the early 40-ies of the last century, at the same time, the aircraft was positioned solely as a civilian aircraft, although already in the future, its operation was carried out in the military sphere, and, far unsuccessfully .
The main purpose of operating the multipurpose aircraft model Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne is the carriage of passengers and goods, and, in fact, in the prefecture of the case the use of the aircraft is a highly effective, however, because of the fairly expensive operation of the aircraft, the release of this model still had very limited, as evidenced by the fact that 45 aircraft were built for the entire production period.
Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne photo
Despite the fact that the aircraft Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne has a sufficiently large size of its fuselage, and, this applies to almost all parameters, the aircraft has a very reasonable handling, and has a fairly good maneuverability. This is primarily due to the fact that two powerful aircraft engine involved in an airplane, which provide a kind of "smoothing" of negative factors.
The first flight of Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne Air models ship was held in late February 1945 years and due to the fact that this multi-purpose aircraft quite successfully coped with all the necessary test trials, the aircraft project was aimed at mass production, which lasted for several years .
Since 1947 years, Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne aircraft model has been applied fairly active as a military air tools, used mainly for the transport of troops and cargo.
AircraftSud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne
On board the aircraft Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne can accommodate up to 45 people, including 2 crew and 43 passengers (depending on the aircraft cabin configuration), while, in addition to the transport of persons, aircraft of this model can also be involved, and how only transport aircraft the ship or the same combi aircraft, capable of carrying on board the cargo weight does not exceed the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft.
The aircraft Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne equipped power plant consisting of two radial engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CA18 Double Wasp, each of which has its own traction in 2100 hp, and ensures the aircraft high Capacity and overcomes the distance at distances of 1330 kilometers at a cruising flight speed of up to 430 km \ h.
Over the entire period of release, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Societe Nationale des Constructions Aeronautiques du Sud-Ouest» were built following variations and modifications of the aircraft:
- Sud-Ouest SO30N Bretagne - An experimental prototype aircraft;
- Sud-Ouest SO30P-1 Bretagne - The basic production version of the aircraft equipped with engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney R-2800-B43;
- Sud-Ouest SO30P-2 Bretagne - A modified version of the aircraft equipped with engines of the brand Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CA13;
- Sud-Ouest SO30C Bretagne - Cargo version of the plane.
Specifications Sud-Ouest SO30 Bretagne.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 43 person (depending on the layout of the cabin);
- aircraft Length: 19 m .;
- Wingspan: 26,9 m .;
- Plane Height: 5,9 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 14080 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 5000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 20100 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 430 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 560 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1330 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 x Pratt & Whitney R-2800-CA18 Double Wasp (depending on version);
- Power: 2 x 2100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation