Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle. Specifications. A photo.
Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle - French turbofan airliner developed by «Sud Aviation» in 1955 year, and serially produced with 1958 1972 on year.
Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle photo
Short-haul passenger airliner Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle became developed by French engineers, aircraft manufacturers in the year 1950, in doing so, it was assumed that the aircraft will be one of the most reliable and popular passenger aircraft, capable of carrying out air travel on the distance of the order of 2 thousand kilometers.
For the first time in the air plane Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle rose in 1955 year, however, the aircraft design was flawed, as a consequence, was additionally sent back for revision, which was for a few more years before starting with the year 1958, the plane did not mass-produced.
The first, but not the only operator of the aircraft Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle became the airline «Scandinavian Airlines», which began to guide the use of these aircraft with 1959 year.
The external design of the aircraft and its flight performance declined very acceptable, thus, commercial air carriers are also arranged and the cost of the aircraft, allowing it with proper use, to pay off within a few years. However, the aircraft design was not the most reliable, which was the cause of many aircraft accidents with human victims. Because of that demand in these airplanes began to decline, and since the year 2004, the plane officially ceased to operate in the commercial sphere.
SalonSud Aviation SE210 Caravelle
Depending on the modification of the aircraft, the aircraft in Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle cabin can accommodate up to 80 140 passengers, which in most cases to satisfy the requirements of commercial air carriers operating on the air routes neprotyazhёnnyh. I found the plane and application in the Air Force, which operated as a means of transportation on its board of troops. If necessary, the aircraft could also be operated in a transport plane, but in this field it has not been practically applied.
The power plant of Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle has two turbojet engines Rolls-Royce Avon Mk.527, each of which is capable of traction in 50,7 kN, which in turn provided the aircraft a high load capacity and made it possible to carry out flights in the rate of about 805 km \ h. (The maximum rate).
CabinSud Aviation SE210 Caravelle
Issue aircraft Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle model was conducted in the following variants:
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle I - A prototype aircraft, equipped with two engines Rolls-Royce RA-29 Avon Mk.522 (46,7 kN);
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle IA - The basic production version of the airplane, equipped with more powerful engines;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle III - An improved version of the version of Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle IA;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle VI-N - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with a more powerful and productive turbojet engine develops a thrust of 54,4 kN;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle VI-R - An analog version of Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle VI-, with reverse thrust engines;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle VII - A modified version of the aircraft, aircraft engines equipped with General Electric CJ805-23;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 10A - An improved version of the version of Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle VII with a slightly altered design and improved engine model General Electric CJ-805-23C (71,6 kN);
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 10B - Version of 1964 years, is technically and structurally improved version of the Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 10A;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 10R - Improved passenger liner modification, created based on the version of Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle VI-R and Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 10B;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 11R - Version with lengthened fuselage;
- Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle 12 - The latest production version of the aircraft, with an increased wingspan, fuselage lengthened and increased passenger capacity of up to 140 people.
Specifications Sud Aviation SE210 Caravelle.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 80 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 31 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 34,3 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 8,72 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 22200 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 23800 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 46000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 720 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 805 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1700 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 12000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbojet;
- Powerplant: 2 × Rolls-Royce Avon Mk.527 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 50,7 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation