Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor. Specifications. A photo.
Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor - Multi-purpose US airliner, designed in 1930, the company «Stinson Aircraft Company».
Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motora photo
Design of multi-purpose cargo and passenger liner launched by US aircraft manufacturers in the second half 20-ies of the last century. The new aircraft is largely superior to the possibility of his era, which allowed him to not only compete with other aircraft aircraft manufacturers, but also to act effectively for the carriage of passengers, cargo, etc.
Despite the relatively high level of aircraft prospect Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor, this model proved to be quite costly in terms of its cost and maintenance, and therefore, not all operators have the intention to use this aircraft, which was one of the reasons why the aircraft has a very limited period of its production.
With its relatively high flight-operational characteristics, the aircraft Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor has a fairly compact dimensions of the fuselage, in particular, the plane length is only 13 meters and 6 centimeters, while the wingspan of the aircraft is limited 18 meters 30 centimeters. Enough small size of the aircraft provided the aircraft high maneuverability and good handling, which directly affects the safety of its operation.
A photoStinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor
The first flight of the multipurpose aircraft took place in the year 1930, and the fact that the plane is quite successfully coped with all the technical tests and test, and the project has received approval for batch production, which was deployed in the year 1931. However, for a number of reasons indicated above, the release of the aircraft was not wearing a mass character - for the whole period of the company's aircraft manufacturers «Stinson Aircraft Company» 30 aircraft of this model were built, of which, to date, there is still only a few copies.
Aircraft Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor can carry on its board until 12 people, including the addition of two crew (pilot and board mechanic) members and ten passengers and that in view of the immediate operation of the aircraft, was quite acceptable for airlines. In addition to the carriage of passengers, this aircraft is also very effectively used for transport on its board of cargo weighing up to 1300 kg.
Multiple aircraft Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor is equipped with a piston-type power plant, consisting of three radial engines brands Lycoming R-680, each of which has a towing capacity of 215 hp, which allows the aircraft to develop a very impressive speed of their flight, component 235 km \ h. (The maximum possible rate when using this power plant), while the maximum range of the aircraft following the limited distance in 1040 kilometers.
AircraftStinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor
Production of the aircraft Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor was carried out by US aircraft manufacturers in the following variants:
- Corman 6000 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Stinson SM-6000 Airliner - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- Stinson SM-6000A Tri-Motor -Improved version of passenger and cargo aircraft;
- Stinson SM-6000B1 Tri-Motor - Variant with improved passenger aircraft cabin;
- Stinson SM-6000B2 Tri-Motor - Utility version of the aircraft;
- Stinson U Tri-Motor - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with a more powerful power plant consisting of three engine brands Lycoming R-680-BA (power of each engine is 240 hp).
Specifications Stinson SM-6000 Tri-Motor.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 10 person (depending on the layout of the cabin);
- aircraft Length: 13,06 m .;
- Wingspan: 18,3 m .;
- Plane Height: 3,66 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2570 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1330 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3900 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1040 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 3 x Lycoming R-680 (depending on version);
- Power: 3 x 215 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation