Stinson Airliner. Specifications. A photo.
Stinson Airliner - trёhmotorny civilian passenger aircraft, manufactured by the American company «Stinson Aircraft Corporation» with 1930 years.
Stinson Airliner photo
Stinson Airliner Development of the aircraft began in the year 1926, in this case, before the American aircraft engineers had the task to create a brand new aircraft, capable of carrying on its board a large number of people, or an equivalent to them by weight the amount of cargo for distances small extent.
Monoplane Stinson Airliner has enough good aerodynamic shape, however, due to the very large size of the fuselage and the wingspan, the aircraft is very low maneuverability that actually allows you to control the aircraft in adverse weather conditions, especially in high winds.
A photoStinson Airliner
For the first time in the sky the plane model Stinson Airliner rose in 1929 year, however, the prototype aircraft proved ineffective in terms of its operational capacity, in this connection, the American aircraft manufacturers of the company «Stinson Aircraft Corporation» were carried out additional work on improving the design and engineering of the aircraft characteristics . In 1930 year, the aircraft was put into mass production, and during its release rather enjoyed great popularity among the private carriers.
Depending on the modifications to the airplane Stinson Airliner cabin can accommodate up to 10 passengers, which in turn provides a very good American airlines the opportunity to transport large numbers of people. One of the biggest drawbacks of the aircraft operating in the field of commercial aviation was the fact that the plane could fly only in limited distances - maximum range of its repetition is only 630 kilometers, which, in fact, allowed to operate flights on the routes only of local importance.
In addition to transport on its board passenger aircraft Stinson Airliner also very active and used to transport various types of cargo with a total weight of up to 1290 kilogram (including the weight of the ship pilot).
Powerplant Stinson Airliner aircraft consists of three piston aircraft engines Lycoming R-680 215 power in HP each (depending on version), which allows the aircraft to carry out flights at speeds of up to 235 km \ h (the maximum rate).
Production of the aircraft was carried out by American aviarazrabotchikami in the following variants:
- Stinson Corman 6000 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Stinson SM-6000 Airliner - The production version of the aircraft, equipped with three aircraft engines Lycoming R-680 (215 hp each);
- Stinson SM-6000-A Airliner - An improved version of the aircraft Stinson SM-6000 Airliner with multiple interior configurations;
- Stinson SM-6000-B1 Airliner - Version of 1931 years with improved cabin interiors;
- Stinson SM-6000-B2 Airliner - Utility 8-seater aircraft;
- Stinson Model U Airliner - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with three engines Lycoming R-680-BA power in 240 hp each
- Stinson C-91 - The military version of the plane.
To date, only two preserved sample of the aircraft.
Specifications Stinson Airliner.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 10 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 12,8 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 18,3 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,66 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2620 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1290 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3910 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 200 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 630 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4330 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 3 × Lycoming R-680 (depending on version);
- Power: 3 × 215 hp .. (depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation