Stinson 108. Specifications. A photo.
Stinson 108 - American light multi-purpose aircraft, developed and manufactured by «Stinson Aircraft Corporation» with 1946 1950 on year.
Stinson 108 photo
Plane Development Stinson 108 started by American engineers almost immediately after the Second World War, thus, aircraft manufacturers not only offered a very effective design for a future project of the aircraft, but also took into account the experience in the design of previous years that has created the present popular and sought-after aircraft which found application both in the private sphere as well as in business.
For the first time in the air airplane Stinson 108 1946 rose in the year, at the same time, the aircraft is fully satisfied all the requirements, which is why almost immediately and was put into production. It should be clarified that the establishment of the project, the American aircraft manufacturers believed that the aircraft will be operated exclusively as a commercial aircraft, however, due to the fact that the aircraft is suitable for private use, the number of followers in this model is largely increased. However, due to the fact that in 1950, the Aircraft Corporation «Stinson Aircraft Corporation» was sold «Piper Aircraft Corporation»? aircraft release was terminated, however, later, Stinson 108 model design was implemented in «Piper Aircraft Corporation» company's projects? which is very well traced.
A photoStinson 108
Aircraft Stinson 108 has good aerodynamic shape, which makes it highly maneuverable and easy management plan, which was important for the owners. one pilot and three passengers can be accommodated in the aircraft cabin, but, in addition, the aircraft can also be used for transportation of various loads weighing up to 499 kilogram (including the weight of the pilot and one passenger).
As the power plant is used a piston aircraft engine brand power in Franklin 6A4 165 hp (Depending on the variant of the aircraft), which allows the aircraft to develop a cruising speed of 195 km \ h., And to overcome the distance to 820 kilometers (depending on version), which is quite acceptable.
Over the four years of production aircraft Stinson 108 was produced in the following versions:
- Stinson Prototype 108 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Stinson 108 - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Stinson 108-1 - An improved version of the aircraft with a cargo door;
- Stinson 108-2 - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Stinson 108-3 - A modified version of the aircraft, fuel tanks equipped with a larger volume, and has increased carrying capacity;
- Stinson 108-4 - An experimental version of the aircraft;
- Stinson Flying Station Wagon - A special version of the aircraft, with the technical and visual improvements;
- Stinson 108-5 - A modified version of the aircraft with the aircraft engine power in HP 180 .;
- Stinson Voyager 125 - A modernized version of the aircraft with the power plant Lycoming O-235 (125 hp);
- Stinson Voyager 150 - An improved version of the version Stinson Voyager 125, equipped with engine Franklin 6A4-150 (150 hp);
- Stinson Voyager 165 - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston aircraft engine Franklin 6A4-165-B3 capacity of 165 hp
Specifications Stinson 108.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,1 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,2 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,3 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 590 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 499 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1089 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 230 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 820 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5030 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Franklin 6A4 (depending on version);
- Power: 165 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation