Stearman C3. Specifications. A photo.
Stearman C3 - American Civil multipurpose biplane, designed and produced by the company «Stearman Aircraft» with 1928 years.
Development of American biplane began aircraft manufacturers of the company «Stearman Aircraft» in 1925 year, at the same time the plane had not only become a very modern aircraft suitable for both private and for commercial exploitation, which subsequently made the aircraft very popular among owners.
A photoStearman C3
aircraft design does not differ from the biplanes of the era, the only unique feature is the only thing that the passenger seats in the aircraft placed in the front part, while the pilot had to control the plane being located at the rear of the aircraft, however, this feature is almost hampered aircraft management as before the pilot had a good overview space, which was very thought out by aviarazrabotchikov.
For the first time in the air plane model Stearman C3 rose in 1927 year, however, the original model was not able to meet all the requirements, which is why the aircraft was still at its completion, and only in the year 1928, the aircraft was formally presented for several months.
Stearman C3 photo
Despite the fact that the release of the aircraft Stearnam C3 was conducted from the end of 20-ies of the last century, the plane is highly reliable and has a quite acceptable, even by today's standards, flight performance, in particular, high-speed flight and good maneuverability, and only perhaps vulnerable feature of the aircraft were the wings, which were not always able to withstand high overload, but later the situation was corrected.
The aircraft Stearman C3 cabin can accommodate up to three people - a pilot and two passengers, at the same time, two passenger seats positioned in front of the airplane, and the pilot's seat is in the rear of the aircraft. This arrangement will minimize the size of the aircraft, and to improve the aerodynamic shape of the aircraft, which in turn is very beneficial effect on the maneuverability of the aircraft.
Depending on its modification, the aircraft Stearman C3 can be equipped with radial piston motors from 90 hp to 260 hp, which accordingly affects the maximum speed of the aircraft, which can reach up to 210 km \ h. Quite acceptable indicator of the aircraft Stearman C3 is also the maximum flight range, which, depending on the version and the version can be up to 1005 kilometers.
Issue aircraft Stearman C3 was conducted in the following versions:
- Stearman C1 - Basic version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped Menasco-Salmson capacity of 240 hp .;
- Stearman C2 - A modified version of the single aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a thrust of 90 hp .;
- Stearman C3B Sport Commercial - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Stearman C3C - Modification to the engine capacity of Wright Martin 220 hp .;
- Stearman C3D - An improved version of the version Stearman C3C;
- Stearman C3E - Modification of the version equipped Stearman C3C more productive engine power in HP 190 .;
- Stearman C3F - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Stearman C3G - Technically augmented version of the aircraft;
- Stearman C3H - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a motor Menasco-Salmson traction in 260 hp .;
- Stearman C3I - Version with the engine Curtiss C6 (160 hp);
- Stearman C3K - Modification equipped 128-horsepower Siemens-Halske Sh 12;
- Stearman C3L - An improved version of the aircraft version of the Stearman C3K;
- Stearman C3MB - Cargo version of the aircraft designed for the transport of postal items;
- Stearman C3P - Modification to the engine capacity of Wright J5 220 hp .;
- Stearman C3R Bussines Speedster - a special version of the aircraft with an improved design.
Specifications Stearman C3.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,32 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,68 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,75 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 748 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 465 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1213 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 205 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1005 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4900 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Wright J5 (depending on version);
- Power: 220 hp .. (depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation