Stampe SV.4. Specifications. A photo.
Stampe SV.4 - lightweight single-engine biplane Belgian constructed in 1933, the company «Stampe et Vertongen», and commercially available from 1947 years.
Stampe SV.4 photo
At the stage of its development of the aircraft was conceived by Belgian aircraft manufacturers exclusively as a training military aircraft, however, have to create the project Belgian engineers paid attention to the fact that in addition to the military sphere of its application, the aircraft can also actively interested in the civil aviation field, in connection with the than the aircraft structure was further optimized, making it a multi-purpose.
The first development of the airplane Stampe SV.4 started Belgian engineers 1930 year, and if the aircraft was originally intended to be used in an air combat units, then the final stage of this aircraft began to be characterized solely as a training aircraft, or as a special civil aircraft.
A photoStampe SV.4
For the first time in the sky the plane model Stampe SV.4 rose in 1933 year, but due to the outbreak of the Second World War, only 35 aircraft of this model were built before the war, part of which was used in military aviation, and some - in the civil sphere. Since 1947 years, production of aircraft Stampe SV.4 was resumed, and thanks to their very good flight-technical qualities, the release of aircraft continued over the years - in the history of this model, 940 copies were built, of which up to now preserved plenty of aircraft in good working condition (mainly post-war production).
Biplane Stampe SV.4 has an open cockpit, which can accommodate up to two people at the same time, due to a lack of sufficient free space, the aircraft can not be used as an aircraft for the transport of any goods, which is one of the negative aspects . As more aircraft has established itself as a private aircraft, however, operated by it and its main goal - training of future pilots.
Powerplant Stampe SV.4 aircraft consists of a piston aircraft engine de Havilland Gipsy Major X (depending on version) with a capacity of 145 hp, which allows the aircraft to accelerate to its maximum speed in 190 km \ h., And easily overcome maximum distance to 420 kilometers, with the latter figure is not always satisfactory for the owners.
During its period of production, the aircraft was manufactured in the following variants:
- Stampe SV.4 - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Stampe SV.4A - The pre-war production version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with Renault 4-PO5 (140 hp);
- Stampe SV.4B - An improved modification of the aircraft;
- Stampe SV.4C - The French version of the aircraft, manufactured under license;
- Stampe SV.4D - An upgraded version, equipped with a piston aircraft engine with a capacity of Mathis 175 hp
Specifications Stampe SV.4.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,8 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,38 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,78 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 520 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 250 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 770 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 140 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 420 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy Major X (depending on version);
- Power: 145 hp .. (depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation