ST Aero FanTail. Specifications. A photo.
ST Aero FanTail - Singapore multipurpose unmanned aircraft designed for civil and military purposes.
Unmanned aircraft developed by Singaporean experts in the field of aerospace technology to perform specific tasks related to the chemical, biological and radiological investigation, and, this device is perfectly able to prove itself and for military purposes, and in civil, however, for several reasons, including and because of the very narrow scope of application, this UAV is widely not received.
The design of an unmanned air ST Aero FanTail means has a rather unusual shape, which is similar to the aerodynamic cylinder, the bottom of which is located the motor with the propeller, which enables the system to move in space. Due to such a configuration, UAV ST Aero FanTail can carry off and landing in a vertical direction, while the air moving device is in a horizontal plane and that is provided with special stabilizers.
The main advantage of an unmanned air vehicle model ST Aero FanTail over other configurations drone, is the fact that the propeller device well protected, allowing drone flyby perform even under severe shortness of flight, for example through the crowns of trees, and others.
If necessary, ST Aero FanTail UAV can be equipped with a digital camera, as well as devices to respond to any traces of biological, chemical or radiological contamination, but the use of the camera in this case only facilitates the process of managing drone.
Singaporean aircraft manufacturers are two main versions of the UAV was built, among which should be highlighted:
- ST Aero FanTail 3000 - Drone prototype. Built three copies;
- ST Aero FanTail 5000 - Basic production version, equipped with a more powerful power plant.
Specifications ST Aero FanTail.
- Length: 0,76 m (depending on version).
- Width: 0,29 m (depending on version).
- Height: 0,29 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 50 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 110 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 5 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 1500 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: unknown;
- Power: 3.5 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation