Spartan C3. Specifications. A photo.
Spartan C3 - American light multi-purpose biplane, designed in 1926, the aircraft manufacturer «Spartan Aircraft Company».
A photoSpartan C3
American aircraft manufacturers have begun the process of creating a sports aircraft machine model Spartan C3 in the early 20-ies of the last century. Because the aircraft development was carried out almost at the dawn of aircraft design and the optimal design configuration is considered a configuration of a biplane, aircraft manufacturers have taken it as a basis for it. Nevertheless, despite the fact that officially Spartan C3 aircraft is positioned as a sports aircraft, the aircraft is also very actively exploited for other purposes, including educational and training purposes, private air transport and other means.
Despite the visual Overall, the aircraft Spartan C3 design actually has a small size - at length of the fuselage in the 7 6 meters and centimeters, the magnitude of the aircraft wings is only meters 9 76 centimeters, which ensures a high maneuverability of this model and it is good management. Reinforced fuselage and wing structure allows for an airplane Spartan C3 and aerobatic stunts, but, to date, due to the rarity of this model, the use of aircraft for such purposes is practically not practiced.
Spartan C3 photo
The first flight of the biplane model Spartan C3 held in late October 1926 years. Since the aircraft very successfully passed all the necessary tests, and was also able to ensure compliance with all the parameters established by the aircraft manufacturers, the project was able to produce commercially, however, the very process of manufacture of the aircraft was deployed only in 1927 year.
On board a multipurpose aircraft Spartan C3 vessel can accommodate up to three people, including the addition of one pilot and two passengers. Despite the presence of paired control in training for this aircraft was used very often, it was due to several factors. As such, Spartan C3 aircraft to transport on its board any cargo is not intended to be one of the most negative aspects of the operation of the model aircraft.
Powerplant biplane Spartan C3 represented by one aircraft engine piston radial type, brand Wright J-6 Whirlwind Seven, which is having a capacity of 225 hp (Depending on the variant of the aircraft), can accelerate the aircraft to a cruising speed of 175 km \ h., While the maximum flight range of the aircraft is 740 kilometers.
Over the entire period of American aircraft manufacturers have been built about 160 aircrafts of this model, which are produced in the following versions and models:
- Spartan C3-1 - Biplane basic version, equipped with a piston engine Ryan-Siemens power in 125 hp .;
- Spartan C3-2 - A modified version, the engine is equipped with a Walter (120 hp);
- Spartan C3-3 - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a power capacity of ustanvokoy 170 hp .;
- Spartan C3-4 - Version of the aircraft, equipped with engine brand Axelson A (115 hp);
- Spartan C3-165 - Modification to the engine brand Wright J-6-5 (165 hp);
- Spartan C3-166 - Analogue version Spartan C3-165, equipped with a piston radial engine Comet 7-E;
- Spartan C3-225 - An upgraded version equipped with the productive power ustanvokoy traction in 225 hp
Specifications Spartan C3.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,06 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,76 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,69 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1740 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 960 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2700 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 175 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 215 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 740 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4600 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Wright J-6 Whirlwind Seven (depending on version);
- Power: 225 hp (Depending on version);
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation