Spartan 7W Executive. Specifications. A photo.
Spartan 7W Executive - American single-engine monoplane multipurpose developed by «Spartan Aircraft Company».
Spartan 7W Executive photo
the design Spartan 7W Executive aircraft works started by American designers and aircraft engineers in 1934 year, at the same aircraft manufacturer decided to abandon the use of biplane configuration, since this structure does not have a high flight performance, and its production required additional costs .
Aircraft Spartan 7W Executive positioned as a multi-purpose aircraft, which has found application not only in civil aviation for the needs which it was designed, but also actively applied also in the military sphere. In general, US manufacturers did not believe that the aircraft Spartan 7W Executive go beyond private use, however, due to the intensive development of commercial air transport, it was decided to use the aircraft as a passenger liner, which allows to perform flights at high speeds and it acceptable ranges.
The fuselage of the aircraft made an all-metal, and thanks to a very compact size and aerodynamic shape, the aircraft has good maneuverability, which was highly appreciated by the owners and customers. However, it should be clarified that in the mass production of the aircraft Spartan 7W Executive has not been started - the release lasted for four years - since 1936 on 1940 years, and during this period the company «Spartan Aircraft Company» was established 34 aircrafts, some of which are still actively used by private owners and to the present day.
A photoSpartan 7W Executive
The power plant of the aircraft Spartan 7W Executive consists of a piston radial engine Jacobs L-5 (prototype aircraft), the ability to develop traction in 285 hp, which in turn provided the aircraft is quite reasonable flight speed, and the ability to carry out flights on distances up 1610 kilometers. In a modified version of the aircraft used in more productive radial power plants that provide the aircraft and higher airspeed, and greater loading capacity.
On aircraft onboard Spartan 7W Executive can accommodate up to 5 people (depending on the variant of the aircraft), including one pilot and 3-4 passengers, thus, the plane could be used as a personal aircraft, and as a passenger aircraft operating on routes local and regional significance, and even as a combat aircraft.
CabinSpartan 7W Executive
Issue aircraft Spartan 7W Executive was conducted in the following variants:
- Spartan 7X Executive - Basic prototype aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with Jacobs L-5 (285 hp);
- Spartan 7W-P Executive - An improved prototype aircraft (used by more powerful propulsion system);
- Spartan 7W Executive - The production version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with Pratt & Whitney Wasp SB capacity of 400 hp .;
- Spartan 7W-F - Double the military version of the aircraft;
- Spartan UC-71-SP - An improved version of the version Spartan 7W Executive, developed for the US Air Force.
Specifications Spartan 7W Executive.
- Crew: 1 people (depending on version);
- Passenger: 3-4 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 8,18 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,90 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,44 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1545 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 451 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1996 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 345 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 415 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1610 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7315 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-985-AN3 (depending on version);
- Power: 450 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation