SIAT 223 Flamingo. Specifications. A photo.
SIAT 223 Flamingo - easy three-single-engine aircraft produced in Germany developed by aircraft manufacturer «Siebelwerke ATG GmbH» in 1961 year, and subsequently produced by the company «MBB».
SIAT 223 Flamingoa photo
Aircraft SIAT 223 Flamingo was designed by German aviarazrabotchikami end 50-ies of the last century, with engineers working to develop enough multipurpose aircraft that can be used in addition to the private sphere of aviation, and as a teaching and training tool, as a sports aircraft and etc.
To ensure a large interest from potential customers, aircraft manufacturers of the company «Siebelwerke ATG GmbH» used in this aircraft sufficiently powerful propulsion system that allowed to easy aircraft to accelerate to the maximum speed of its flight in 310 km \ h., While remaining fairly reliable .
Aircraft SIAT 223 Flamingo, among other things, also has very compact dimensions and its fuselage, which provides the structure of the aircraft and the ease and good aerodynamics, which in turn provide a high rate of the aircraft maneuverability and good handling.
With all the above advantages, the aircraft model SIAT 223 Flamingo, the plane was able to win quite a lot of popularity among customers, in particular, for a sufficiently long period of release, aircraft manufacturers have been built and sold 134 aircraft of this model (including modified versions and enhanced versions).
A photoSIAT 223 Flamingo
The first flight of the multipurpose aircraft model SIAT 223 Flamingo in May 1961 years - the plane was able to successfully complete all of the scheduled trial, while, during the test, any deviation from the specifications and parameters established by the manufacturers, have been identified, which allowed that year run and mass production of this model.
On board his plane SIAT 223 Flamingo is to transport three people - a pilot and two passengers, and, as noted earlier, the aircraft is also quite successfully used as the training aircraft. Due to some design features, the aircraft SIAT 223 Flamingo can not be used for transportation on its board of any cargo (except passengers' luggage and pilots).
The power plant of multipurpose light aircraft SIAT 223 Flamingo consists of one four-cylinder piston aircraft engine brand Lycoming IO-360-A1A, which is having a traction capacity of 200 hp, can accelerate the aircraft to a cruising speed of 245 km \ h., At the time the maximum flight range of the aircraft is 900 kilometers.
CabinSIAT 223 Flamingo
Aircraft SIAT 223 Flamingo produced by German aircraft manufacturers in four basic versions:
- SIAT 223A-1 Flamingo - Two four-bed version of the aircraft;
- SIAT 223K-1 Flamingo - Single version of the sport aircraft;
- SIAT 223T-1 Flamingo - Modification equipped turbo powerplant brand Avco Lycoming TO-360-C1A6D (210 hp);
- SIAT 223-M4 Flamingo - A modernized version, equipped with an engine the brand Porsche PFM 3200.
Specifications SIAT 223 Flamingo.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,6 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,28 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,7 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 700 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 350 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1050 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 245 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 310 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 900 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6800 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IO-360-A1A (depending on version);
- Power: 200 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation