Short Sealand. Characteristics. Photo.
Short Sealand - a civilian amphibious aircraft manufactured by British aircraft manufacturer Short Brothers to 1950 years, and operated to this day.
A photoShort Sealand
Aircraft Short Sealand is a multipurpose aircraft operated mainly in remote areas of the planet, where the construction of modern airport facilities and airfields for any reason it is not possible or not cost-effective. Development of the aircraft began almost immediately after the Second World War, however, despite the fact that its first flight Short Sealand made in 1948 year, another year and a half the aircraft carefully been crafted and mass production entered only 1950 year .
Short Sealand photo
As the aircraft itself Short Sealand to be used exclusively on local airlines, on board can accommodate a small number of passengers - of 5 7 up depending on the configuration of the aircraft. In addition, the amphibious aircraft Short Sealand can also be used to transport goods to the total weight of 940 kilograms (excluding the weight of the crew).
Museum exhibitShort Sealand
Powerplant Short Sealand is represented by two air-cooled four-cylinder piston aircraft engines de Havilland Gipsy Queen 70-3 able to develop power in 340 hp each, which in turn provides the aircraft a very reasonable rate of movement - up to 300 km \ h (the maximum speed of flight), and allows you to fly at distances up to 1060 kilometers.
In addition to the civil aviation aircraft Short Sealand actively enjoyed success in the ranks of the Air Force of different countries, including Norway, India, former Yugoslavia, and Saudi Arabia. These aircraft operate primarily for the transportation of small groups of troops, as well as for the transport of goods and implementation of observation flights.
Planes Short Sealand produced in two basic versions:
- Short SA.6 Sealand I (basic version);
- Short SB.7 Sealand III.
The production version differed mainly from one another by certain characteristics, among them wingspan and wing profile, strengthened fuselage, etc.
For all the time production was built 25 planes Short Sealand, some of which continue to be used and now, with the main reason for the continued use of these planes is their rather high reliability and the ability to use in difficult terrain.
Specifications Short Sealand.
- Crew: 1-2 person;
- Passenger: 7 people (depending on configuration);
- aircraft Length: 12,86 m .;
- Wingspan: 18 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 4,57 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 3190 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 940 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4130 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 282 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 300 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1063 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6280 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × de Havilland Gipsy Queen 70-3;
- Power: 2 × 340 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation