Short SC.7 Skyvan. Specifications. A photo
Short SC.7 Skyvan - transport and passenger aircraft of the British production, produced by Short Brothers from the 1963 1986 of the year.
Initially the aircraft Short SC.7 Skyvan was constructed as a transport aircraft, but then, just before the start of the project into production, it was decided to produce also a passenger aircraft, which subsequently only add popularity to this aircraft.
Short SC.7 Skyvan photo
On board the aircraft turboprop Short SC.7 Skyvan can accommodate up to 19 passengers to efficiently operate the aircraft on regional air routes that currently observed in some countries of South America, Africa and Asia. If necessary, the board Short SC.7 Skyvan can be loaded up to 2339 kilogram payload, however, we are talking exclusively about the bulky cargo, while the length of the transported objects is very limited in length.
A photoShort SC.7 Skyvan
The forms of the fuselage of the aircraft Short SC.7 Skyvan certainly can not be called aerodynamic, but thanks to a forked tail section, aerodynamic drag was able to minimize that provided flight safety even in very difficult weather conditions.
As the power plant on the aircraft Short SC.7 Skyvan used turboprop aircraft engines Garrett AiResearch TPE-331-201 2 in the number of pieces, the total capacity of 1430 hp Through the use of turboprop power plants, aircraft Short SC.7 Skyvan able to reach a top speed of 402 km \ h, and to overcome the distance to 1117 kilometers (maximum range of flight).
cockpitShort SC.7 Skyvan
Despite the fact that the most popular version is considered Short SC.7 Skyvan 3, until these modifications have also been introduced and other versions, for the most part is a prototype of the future aircraft.
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 1 - the first prototype model series Short SC.7 Skyvan. As the power plant is used two conventional reciprocating aircraft engine Continental GTSIO-520, however, due to the extremely low speed flight, later on they had been abandoned;
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 1A - the second prototype model Short SC.7 Skyvan, equipped with turboprop engines Turbomeca Astazou capacity 520 hp each;
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 2 - first production version, have the technical imperfections, which is why it was built only 2 aircraft;
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 3 - main production version of the turboprop aircraft equipped with two turboprop aircraft engines Garrett AiResearch TPE-331-201. During the production cycle was built 145 aircraft of this modification;
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 3A - improved version with increased maximum vzlёtnym up to 5831 kilos;
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 3M - the military version of the transport aircraft. It is used as a landing aircraft, as well as aircraft for rescue, observation flights, etc .;
- Short SC.7 Skyvan 3M-200 - an improved version of a military transport aircraft (increased maximum takeoff weight);
- Short SC.7 Skyliner - improved passenger version of the aircraft.
By the end of the year 2009, in the world continues to be operated aircraft order 40 Short SC.7 Skyvan, some of which are involved in a transport aircraft, and some - as a passenger.
Specifications Short SC.7 Skyvan.
- Crew: 1-2 person;
- Passenger: 19 people;
- aircraft Length: 12,21 m .;
- Wingspan: 19,78 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 4,6 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 3331 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 2339 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 5670 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 317 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 402 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1117 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 6858 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 2 × Garrett AiResearch TPE-331-201 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 715 hp (Depending on version).
Short SC.7 Skyvan. Gallery.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation