Scottish Aviation Pioneer. Specifications. A photo.
Scottish Aviation Pioneer - aircraft short takeoff and landing aircraft building designed by the Scottish company «Scottish Aviation» in 1950 year.
Scottish Aviation Pioneera photo
Despite the fact that the design of the aircraft was initiated by the military command, the aircraft in addition to the military sphere was actively used in civil aviation, and, notes that there is also as in the commercial sphere, and how from private owners, and, the aircraft is also on this day It is operated, but it soon goes only about 2-3 units.
Start of development of the aircraft was supposed to Scottish design engineers in the year 1945, in just a few months after the end of World War II. The process of designing the aircraft was connected with the necessity of operating small aircrafts used mainly for transporting small groups of troops for the evacuation of troops from the battlefield, as well as to carry out patrol and surveillance missions. During the development of the aircraft Scottish Aviation Pioneer, its design underwent repeated changes, but despite this fact, its first flight the aircraft is carried out in the year 1947, although it was sent back for revision, where he remained for three more years.
A photoScottish Aviation Pioneer
Ultimately Scottish Aviation Pioneer aircraft could not meet all expectations, in view of which its military forces operation was very limited, and more aircraft used in civil aviation, which was used for the transport of persons, and for the transportation of various cargoes.
In the cockpit of the aircraft can accommodate up to five people, including one pilot and four passengers, at the same time the aircraft is also capable of accommodating up to 893 kg payload (including the mass of the people present on the board), which is very efficient and demand, taking into account the production of aircraft time vehicles of this model.
Because of its fairly large dimensions, the plane Scottish Aviation Pioneer has low maneuverability, which according to experts is one of the reasons that in the year 1960, operation of aircraft of this model has been discontinued - the aircraft continued to be used only by private owners.
AircraftScottish Aviation Pioneer
Powerful radial aircraft engine model Alvis Leonides 502 / 4, let the plane Scottish Aviation Pioneer to develop traction in 520 hp, which in turn, and ensures a high load capacity, but very little effect on the maximum speed of flight, which is not more than 260 km \ h.
Issue aircraft Scottish Aviation Pioneer was conducted in the following variants:
- Scottish Aviation Pioneer - A basic four-aircraft version, is equipped with a propulsion piston type de Havilland Gipsy Queen 32 240 power in hp .;
- Scottish Aviation Pioneer 2 - A five-seat version of the aircraft with power ustanvokoy Alvis Leonides (520 hp);
- Scottish Aviation Pioneer CC Mk I - A five-seat version of the military aircraft.
Specifications Scottish Aviation Pioneer.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 4 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 10,47 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 15,18 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,13 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1743 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 893 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2636 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 195 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 261 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 676 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7010 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Alvis Leonides 502 / 4;
- Power: 520 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation