Scheibe SF23 Sperling. Specifications. A photo.
Scheibe SF23 Sperling - German light multi-purpose aircraft, developed in 1955, the company «Scheibe-Flugzeugbau».
Scheibe SF23 Sperling photo
German aircraft manufacturers started to design a multipurpose aircraft model ship Scheibe SF23 Sperling in the early 50-ies of the last century. At the same time, if one is a new aircraft to be used solely for educational and training purposes, thus, it refers it to the civil and military aviation, then later, the project is very much interested and private owners, which is why, in the course of development, plane Scheibe SF23 Sperling has undergone several important changes that enable it to be used as a private vehicle.
The construction of multi-purpose aircraft is made in the monoplane configuration with top wing that provides increased load capacity of the aircraft, but at the same time deprives the aircraft maneuverability, which, however, is not critical. Using monoplane configuration with top wing due to the fact that the plane Scheibe SF23 Sperling is equipped with a very low-powered power plant, and, aircraft manufacturers abandoned the use of more efficient engine for the aircraft attractive cost.
A photoScheibe SF23 Sperling
Своим первым тестовым испытаниям многоцелевое воздушное судно Scheibe SF23 Sperling подверглось в августе 1955 года, и по причине того, что каких-либо отклонений от параметров и свойств, предусмотренных немецкими авиастроителями, выявлено не было, а сам самолёт успешно завершил все необходимые тесты, проект смог получить соответствующий сертификат, что и позволило запустить его в серийное производство, которое, впрочем, было весьма ограниченным в своих сроках – за весь период выпуска авиастроителями было построено всего лишь 30 воздушных судов данной модели.
Aircraft Scheibe SF23 Sperling can carry out transportation on its board of two people - a pilot and a passenger, thus constituting 730 kg, with the weight of the empty, the aircraft can also be employed for transportation of small loads, however, the maximum regulated weight of the aircraft aircraft in 450 kg, should not be exceeded. Mostly plane model was used as a teaching and training vessel, and, even though 60-year history of the aircraft, the aircraft Scheibe SF23 Sperling continues to enjoy great popularity to this day.
Multi-purpose vehicle equipped with a piston aircraft engine brand Continental C-90-12F, which is having a traction capacity of 95 hp, can accelerate the aircraft to maximum speed in 210 km \ h., While the maximum distance is limited to repetition of this aircraft 680 distance in kilometers.
CabinScheibe SF23 Sperling
Production aircraft Scheibe SF23 Sperling model was carried out in the following variants:
- Scheibe SF23A Sperling - Basic production version of the aircraft;
- Scheibe SF23B Sperling - A modernized version of the aircraft, equipped with a more powerful powerplant brand Continental O-200-AND (100 hp);
- Scheibe SF23C Sperling - An upgraded version of the aircraft, equipped with an engine capacity in 115 hp
Technical characteristics of Scheibe SF23 Sperling.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,2 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,86 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,18 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 450 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 280 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 730 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 180 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 680 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 6500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental C-90-12F (depending on version);
- Power: 95 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation