Ar-2 - Soviet twin-engine dive bomber developed from all-metal construction. Created in TsAGI led by AA Arkhangelsk-based SB bomber. The plane was created as an attempt to modernize the Security Council through its alteration in the dive bomber. It was established 2 engine M-105R. In 1939, the first flight was made on the Ar-2.
As for the combat capabilities, according to him, he did not concede bomber Pe-2, but surpassed it by placing bombs in the fuselage, as well as bomb load. Another advantage is its palpable presence of machine output bombs.
In 1940-1941 years. aircraft built in series. Total of about 200 machines were produced. In the first year of World War II it was used for attacks against neighbor and rear of the enemy troops on the ground.
Design and equipment Ar-2:
· The nose of the airplane MCM "F-1», which demonstrates the good aerodynamics on tests;
· Motors got better hoods;
· Lining between the fourth and eighth frames made of plywood balinitovoy that was glued to the wooden parts of five, six, seven of the frame adhesive VIM;
· Motors have the best bonnets;
· Establish the sub-frame better design;
· Used in the construction of machines vodoradiatory ribbed-tube type;
· Installed a more advanced system of oil supply - one air-oil and water-oil cooler for each motor;
· Set screws with variable pitch VISH-22E;
· Improved oil-, gas tanks, each with a capacity of 330 l;
· Machine to exit the dive;
· For better sight during the bombing without picks set sights OPB-1M and NKPB-3;
· By hydraulic control planes to set the lattice;
· For better aiming bombs at the target in the dive set the attitude indicator, PBP-1 and reloading switch.
- Bomb load - 1 ton (1,5 ton - maximum). FAB-500 - up to three units or fab-250 to four units in swordplay or twelve units to one hundred kilograms of horizontal bombing.
- ShKAS machine gun with a mechanical eye in a ball mounted on the nose, the calculation of ammunition for five hundred shots.
- Machine gun with ShKAS klimmatornym sight of K-8T in the rear installation TCC-1. Ammunition - 1000 shots.
- Machine gun ShKAS with an eye-type OP-2L. Ammunition - six hundred shots.
- Chemical weapons are represented by two VAP-500 (up to 1 thousand. Kg) and two types of pouring UHAP-500 (up to 100 kg) universal type. The ability to use any mixtures and substances, standing on the arms.
After the first test experts have identified fundamental flaws:
- oil and water temperature in flight is not less than 95 degrees;
- insufficient longitudinal stability.
On airplanes AR-2 continued to establish modernized samples of aggregates and equipment. The results of the latest state testing machine were as follows:
- weight - 6,6 tons;
- Range for the two arms of the FAB-on 250 390 km per hour speed, and at the height of km 5 - 1000 km;
- altitude ceiling - 10 km;
- climb 5 km - approximately 7 minutes;
- roll down the runway - 340 m;
- maximum flight speed - 475 kilometers per hour - was reached at the height of 4,7 km.
AR-2 Tests have shown that to continue flying with one engine zadrosselivannym quite possible.
The main disadvantage of the machine - the creation of disadvantages rotary-wing groups. Due to the destruction of the engine systems they test often fails. Small limits had a cooling system, in the winter to use the machine was quite problematic. It was not possible to merge the normal water vodoradiatorov. Overheating of the water and the oil was left unresolved. It is worth noting that in the future in KB A. Archangel yet perfected helical band on the plane.
Release AR-2 1941 was discontinued in the year in favor of mass production Pe-2. While many managers and specialists of the Navy and Air Force AP-2 considered as the main dive bomber type, and Pe-2 as a quick long-range escort fighter it all turned out the other way around - followed by stopping the release of Ar-2.
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation