SAI KZ II. Specifications. A photo.
SAI KZ II - light sport aircraft, designed and manufactured by the Danish company «Skandinavisk Aero Industri» with 1937 years.
SAI KZ II photo
Aircraft SAI KZ II were developed by Danish engineers 1934 year, while initially the plane was exclusively civil use, in particular, it was supposed to operate as a small private aircraft, capable of carrying on their occupants and cargo, operated as a sports aircraft for performing aerobatic stunts, and even as the training aircraft.
Because SAI KZ II aircraft carried almost became during the Second World War, in the civil operation he was not up to 1946 years, but later, the plane was used by households for their own purposes outlined above.
First, what is truly established itself on the aircraft, it was the military aviation, in particular, in connection with the outbreak of war. The aircraft were delivered to the air forces of Denmark, however, they did not become exploited, and were seized by the German command for their own purposes. Due to the high flight speed and reasonably good maneuverability, this model airplanes were used as fighting units, however, because of the design features in this area, they are not spent so long.
A photoSAI KZ II
Since 1946, Issue aircraft SAI KZ II was continued, and they were first operated by private owners. In the cockpit of the aircraft can accommodate up to two people, and with all this, the aircraft can also be taken on board and the total weight of the cargo to 300 kilogram (including the weight of persons on board). Later, with the release modified versions, the plane began to be used as the training aircraft, but so far we only know of the existence of several units which are mostly in museums and private owners.
Powerplant SAI KZ II aircraft includes a piston aircraft engine de Havilland Gipsy Minor (depending on the variant of the aircraft), capable of up to 145 power hp The maximum flight speed of the aircraft in this case is 220 km \ h, while the maximum flight distance -. About 650 km.
AircraftSAI KZ II
During the production period of aircraft models SAI KZ II, it was built 45 copies of the aircraft, at the same time, the release was carried out in the following variations:
- SAI KZ II Kupe - The basic production version of the aircraft, can be combined powerplant de Havilland Gipsy Minor or Cirrus Minor;
- SAI KZ II Sport - The sports version of the plane with an open cockpit;
- SAI KZ II Traener - The military version of the plane, designed for the Air Force of Denmark.
Specifications SAI KZ II.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 7,5 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,2 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,3 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 550 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 850 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 220 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 650 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: de Havilland Gipsy Major (depending on version);
- Power: 145 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation