Ryan SC. Specifications. A photo.
Ryan SC - American light multi-purpose aircraft designed and manufactured by «Ryan» with 1937 years.
Ryan SC Photo
Multiple aircraft model Ryan SC began to develop the American aircraft manufacturers in 1934 year, while initially it was assumed that the aircraft will be designed exclusively for military sphere, however, already at the design stage of a project was developed that allows for a operation of the aircraft in a variety of purposes, including those for the transport of people and goods, as a sport and the training of the aircraft. By its actions, the American design engineers set out to increase the number of customers, however, despite this fact, the aircraft Ryan SC produced only in a small series - just 13 aircraft of this model were built for the entire period of production, of which the present day survived only 4 instance .
Ryan SC initiator beginning of the design process of the aircraft became the US Air Force, which offered the aircraft manufacturer to develop a new aircraft that it would be possible to operate and as a combat aircraft means, and as a means to educate the future military pilots. Nevertheless, the project was not able to justify their initiatives, and therefore, only one copy of the aircraft was in the US Air Force.
A photoRyan SC
The cabin air Ryan SC vessel can accommodate up to three people, in particular, we are talking about a pilot and two passengers, and, the aircraft can besides purposes of passenger traffic, also be adapted and for the transportation of goods - the maximum payload weight to take on board the aircraft is 365 kg (depending on the modification of the aircraft), which in turn is quite acceptable.
Piston aircraft powerplant is mounted in front of the aircraft of this model. The basic prototype aircraft piston engine had a capacity of Menasco C4S 150 hp, respectively, allow the aircraft to accelerate to maximum speed in 250 km \ h. However, the production version of the aircraft was manufactured from aircraft engine Warner Super Scarab capacity of 145 hp Maximum range of flight of the aircraft is 845 kilometers, which is also very affordable.
Ryan SC Issue aircraft was manufactured in the following modifications:
- Ryan SC - A basic prototype of the aircraft;
- Ryan SCW - The production version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a Warner Super Scarab;
- Ryan L-10 - The military version of the aircraft.
Specifications Ryan Brougham.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,73 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,44 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,08 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 610 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 365 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 965 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 215 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 240 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 845 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5240 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Warner Super Scarab (depending on version);
- Power: 145 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation