Ryan Navion. Specifications. A photo.
Ryan Navion - American light multi-purpose aircraft, developed in the year 1948, and manufactured aircraft manufacturers such as the «Ryan», «North American Aviation» and «Tusco Corp.».
Ryan Navion photo
the aircraft was designed by the American aircraft manufacturer «North American», however, due to the fact that subsequently the largest number of aircraft data was released Aircraft Company «Ryan», just like the name, and was assigned to the aircraft of this model.
The first work on the design Ryan Navion aircraft began to be carried out by American engineers in 1945 year. At the same time, production of aircraft has been associated with a number of different purposes - the plane was supposed to be used primarily in the US armed forces, to operate as a private civil aircraft, as well as the training or sport aircraft. Precisely because of this eventually airplane and gained great popularity among customers - 2634 aircraft of this model were built for the entire release period (including prototypes and modified versions), with more than a thousand copies are in operation and today, even in spite of the the fact that the plane was built over 65 years ago.
Unlike most of the pre-war era aircraft, this aircraft has an improved aerodynamic shape, which in turn allowed to raise such indicators as the handling and maneuverability, to reduce drag, increase the maximum flight speed and reduce fuel consumption.
A photoRyan Navion
Ryan Navion aircraft cabin is designed for four people - a pilot and three passengers or the instructor and the students, if the plane was supposed to operate as the training of air tools. However, due to the compact cabin aircraft Ryan Navion size, transportation of cargo on board is not possible, however, the plane can be used as a sports aircraft, helped by the above-mentioned features of this model.
Powerplant Ryan Navion aircraft includes a piston aircraft engine, capable, depending on the modification to develop power from the 130 hp to 285 hp, which allows to accelerate to speeds of more than 300 km \ h. And to overcome the distance to 1200 kilometers.
Among the released versions of the aircraft contains the following:
- North American NA-143 - A prototype of the aircraft;
- North American NA-145 Navion - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- North American NA-154 Navion - The military version of the aircraft designed for the US Air Force;
- Ryan Navion - The production version of the airplane manufactured by Aircraft «Ryan»;
- Ryan Navion A - An improved version of the aircraft equipped with aircraft engine power in HP 205 .;
- Ryan Navion B - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston engine Lycoming GO-435-C2 capacity of 260 hp .;
- Tusco Navion D - The production version of the aircraft, manufactured by the company «Tusco Corp.»;
- Tusco Navion E - An improved version of the aircraft with the engine Continental IO-470-C power in 250 hp .;
- Tusco Navion F - A modified version of the aircraft, aircraft engine equipped with a Continental IO-470-H (260 hp);
- Navion G Rangemaster - A modernized version of the aircraft;
- Navion H Rangemaster – вариант 1974 года, оснащённый авиадвигателем Continental IO-520B мощностью в 285 л.с.;
- Ryan Model 77 - A special double modification developed by the US Navy commissioned;
- Camair Twin Navion - Twin-engine version of the aircraft;
- X-16 Bi-Navion - A modified version of the twin-engine aircraft;
- Temco Riley 55 - A twin-engine version of the aircraft;
- D-16 Twin Navion - The production version of the version of X-16 Bi-Navion;
- Temco D-16A - An improved version of the version of D-16 Twin Navion, equipped with two motors in 160 hp each.
Among other things, especially for the military order of the US Air Force planes were produced in the following versions:
Specifications Ryan Navion.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 8,3 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,17 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,6 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 797 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 450 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1247 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 250 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 310 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1200 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4570 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental E185 (depending on version);
- Power: 185 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation