RWD 21. Specifications. A photo.
RWD 21 - multipurpose Polish aircraft developed by «RWD» in 1938 year.
AircraftRWD 21 photo
Multipurpose monoplane RWD 21 was designed by a group of Polish aircraft designers, which included such remarkable person in the world of aviation as Jerzy Drzewiecki, Stanislav Vigouroux and Stanislaw Rogalski. The main reason for the start of work on the development of the aircraft was the need to use compact aircraft capable of carrying an addition to his board more people and goods, which is why the beginning of the first phase of creating the aircraft was put into 1936 year.
Plane PhotosRWD 21
As a support base, the Polish aircraft manufacturers have used the previously released model aircraft RWD 16, which was very effective, but according to experts, could be optimized better. Initially, the plan was to design engineers placing on board the aircraft up to four people. However, in spite of all the prospects of such a project, it had to be canceled due to the increased size of the aircraft, or the inability to transport cargo on board, which was more appropriate in view of market requirements.
For the first time in the sky the plane model, the RWD 21 1938 raised in the year, and despite the fact that the plane had a spectacular design, perfect aerodynamic shape and high flight performance, the project was never realized due to the onset of the Second World War. For a little less than a year of production, the Polish aircraft company «RWD» managed to build only 9 aircraft of this model, of which, today officially known about the existence of only three copies, two of which are on display at aviation museums.
AircraftRWD 21 (museum piece)
the pilot and the passenger, or, if the aircraft were to be used exclusively as a transport aircraft, the co-pilot - in the cockpit of the aircraft RWD 21 two people can be accommodated. However, since the aircraft had twin controls, the aircraft could also be used, and as the training aircraft, and due to its high maneuverability and speed of flight - even as a sports aircraft.
The aircraft has a four-cylinder piston engine aircraft Blackburn Cirrus Minor having power 90 hp Nevertheless, despite the fact that the aircraft was capable of speeds up to 210 km \ h., Before he had already established himself as malonadёzhny, therefore the experts believe that the great success of the aircraft still would not get.
The short release of the aircraft was conducted in several versions:
- RWD 16bis - Basic version of the aircraft, who had a piston engine with a capacity of 62 hp .;
- RWD 21 - An improved version of the aircraft with improved power ustanvokoy.
Specifications RWD 21.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 8,4 m .;
- Wingspan: 11 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,12 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 425 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 260 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 685 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 180 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 650 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 5500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Blackburn Cirrus Minor (depending on version);
- Power: 90 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation