RWD 13. Specifications. A photo.
RWD 13 - Polish triple single-engine aircraft designed and manufactured by Aircraft «RWD» between 1935 1939 on year.
Plane PhotosRWD 13
Development of the aircraft RWD 13 Polish aircraft manufacturers was conducted on the basis of a different model aircraft appeared earlier - RWD 6, however, in addition to the technical and structural improvements, the aircraft project was more popular, which in turn ensured the operation of the aircraft up to the present time.
During the design of the aircraft RWD 13, the Polish aircraft manufacturers to greatly improve the aerodynamic shape of the aircraft, thus reducing the resistance during flight and provide the aircraft a higher travel speed. In addition, changes were also a form of the wing, which was to have a greater lifting force, which allowed to carry on board, respectively, and a greater number of payload. It should also be clarified that the Polish aircraft manufacturers have taken into account also the experience of the previous design, in view of which largely reinforced the aircraft fuselage structure, ensuring the aircraft higher reliability at the time of flight.
AircraftRWD 13 photo
During the production period, which lasted from 1935 on 1939 year, the Polish aircraft company «RWD» managed to build about 100 copies of aircraft, including prototypes and modified versions, which have found their application not only in civil aviation for the needs of which the planes were designed, but also in the military, where applied, including during the second World war.
In the cockpit of the aircraft 13 the RWD can accommodate up to three people, and, in addition to the carriage of passengers, the aircraft can also be adapted for the transportation and small packages weighing up to 360 kilos (including self-weight of the pilot and one passenger). In addition, the aircraft can also be used as the training aircraft.
AircraftRWD 13 (museum piece)
The power plant of the RWD 13 aircraft includes a piston aircraft engine PZInż Walter Major power in 130 hp, which in turn allows you to freely travel distances up to 900 kilometers and carry out flights at speeds of up to 210 km \ h (the maximum rate). In contrast to the earlier power plants, data engine has a high reliability and easy operation.
In addition to using the aircraft RWD 13 in Poland, the aircraft also operated and other countries, in particular Sweden, United States, Bulgaria, Romania, Germany and Spain, where the fine was able to prove itself, and as a civilian aircraft, and as a military aircraft.
The aircraft was manufactured by Polish aircraft manufacturers in the following variations:
- RWD 13 - The basic production version of the aircraft;
- RWD 13S - Version with lengthened fuselage;
- RWD 13TS - A modified version of the aircraft.
Specifications RWD 13.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 2 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,84 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 11,5 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,05 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 530 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 360 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 890 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 180 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 210 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 900 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: PZInż Walter Major (depending on version);
- Power: 130 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation