Rutan Long-EZ. Specifications. A photo.
Rutan Long-EZ - lightweight double American-made aircraft, manufactured by «Rutan Aircraft Factory» with 1979 years.
Rutan Long-EZ Photo
In the design of the aircraft Rutan Long-EZ American designer Burt Rutan used design features another light aircraft developed a year earlier, in particular, we are talking about an airplane model Rutan Defiant. However, in aircraft design was further modified, and in fact, the aircraft has become a two-seater aircraft, and could not be used in the commercial sphere.
Its first flight model aircraft Rutan Long-EZ carried out in June, 1979 years, after which he was sent into production, where and for the moment, but in a modified state.
Aircraft Rutan Long-EZ does not have a pronounced tail, but, nevertheless, this aircraft has high maneuverability and very easy operation, and therefore the use of the aircraft and may be newcomers specially trained and licensed to operate the aircraft.
A photoRutan Long-EZ
Thanks to its compact size enough aircraft. American aircraft manufacturers of the company «Rutan Aircraft Factory» managed to achieve a minimum aerodynamic drag and thereby increase the maximum speed of the aircraft flight and also provide very Length of the maximum flight distance is up to 3235 kilometers, many times greater than the majority of aircraft of this type.
The power plant of the aircraft Rutan Long-EZ consists of one four-cylinder air cooled piston aircraft engine Lycoming O-235 (depending on version), able to develop power in 115 hp The power plant is located in the plane of the aircraft back and performs exceptionally pushing function. Through the use of an aircraft engine similar power, the maximum flight speed of the aircraft Rutan Long-EZ can be up to 300 km \ h.
cockpit Rutan Long-EZ is designed for only two people - a pilot and a passenger, thus, due to the compactness of the passenger compartment, the carriage on board the aircraft of any goods is not possible.
Aircraft Rutan Long-EZ was produced in the following versions:
- Rutan Long-EZ - The basic production version;
- Dickey E-Racer - Modification reborn in a separate aircraft model;
- XCOR EZ-Rocket - An improved version of the aircraft, has degenerated into a separate model;
- Rutan Twin EZ - A twin-engine variant of the aircraft;
- Rutan Long ESA - Modification of 2012 years, equipped with an electric motor with a capacity of 258 hp .;
- Berk-EZ - Weighted version of the aircraft.
Specifications Rutan Long-EZ.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 5,12 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 7,96 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,4 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 322 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 279 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 601 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 300 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 3235 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 8230 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-235 (depending on version);
- Power: 115 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation