Rockwell Commander 111 / 112 / 114. Specifications. A photo.
Rockwell Commander 111 - American light plane, designed by Aircraft Company «North American Rockwell» in 1970 year.
A photoRockwell Commander 111
Designing a single-engine light aircraft started by American aircraft manufacturers of the company «North American Rockwell» in the middle of 60-ies of the last century. This aircraft was exclusively civil use, and if the original plane was supposed to make a private aircraft, then later, in connection with the increased interest among air carriers, the aircraft began to actively applied in the commercial sector, where its operation was mainly related to the implementation of local air traffic, as well as an air taxi money.
At relatively small dimensions, Rockwell Commander 111 the plane has a good aerodynamic shape that the rather weak for 4-seater aircraft propulsion system, ensures the aircraft sufficiently high moving speed. Moreover, the simplicity of the design of the aircraft provided the aircraft and lower cost, making this model is very competitive in the light aircraft market.
Rockwell Commander 111 photo
The first test test aircraft Rockwell Commander 111 been in 1970 year, while, at the initial stage have been identified, some in the chassis system deficiencies, in this connection, the project was further sent for revision, which was conducted over several months, after which, all required tests, the aircraft successfully completed.
aircraft manufacturing Rockwell Commander 111 started in 1971 year proved to be very successful - for the entire release period, aircraft manufacturers of the company «North American Rockwell» was built more than a thousand aircraft of this model, most of which continue to operate to this day, despite the more than 40-year-old age.
The cabin of the aircraft equipped with a Rockwell Commander 111 four seats that can accommodate here one pilot and four passengers. Due to a series of design features and the lack of on-board aircraft space, the aircraft can not be used to transport any cargo, however, this factor did not affect the popularity of the aircraft.
AircraftRockwell Commander 111
Power plant light aircraft Rockwell Commander 111 consists of a piston aircraft engine, which, depending on the modification may have any traction in 200 hp (Lycoming IO-360-C1D6), or thrust into 260 hp (Lycoming IO-540-T4B5D). Using less powerful propulsion system allows the aircraft to reach speeds in 265 km \ h., And to overcome the distance in the range of up to 1080 kilometers, which is an acceptable figure.
aircraft manufacturing Rockwell Commander 111 was carried out in three basic versions:
- Rockwell Commander 111 - The basic version of the aircraft;
- Rockwell Commander 112 - Upgraded version with improved power plant;
- Rockwell Commander 114 - An improved version of Rockwell Commander 112.
Specifications Rockwell Commander 111 / 112 / 114.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 person;
- aircraft Length: 7,63 m .;
- Wingspan: 10,84 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,57 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 805 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 465 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1270 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 265 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 280 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1080 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4630 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming IO-360-C1D6 (depending on version);
- Power: 200 hp (Depending on version)
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation