Rearwin Sportster. Specifications. A photo.
Rearwin Sportster - easy American sports aircraft manufactured since the mid 30-ies the company «Rearwin Aircraft & Engine».
A photoRearwin Sportster
Development of the aircraft began in Rearwin Sportster 1932 year, moreover, it was initiated by the requirements of the US market, which was in need of multi-functional high-speed aircraft, suitable for the transport of persons, and for the transportation of goods.
In fact, the design of this aircraft began in conjunction with the model Rearwin Speedster, However, constructive and technically, both aircraft are very different from each other, although some of the elements of each, and the same with each other - it is thanks to this step could save money on the development of the aircraft and reduce the cost of the aircraft.
Rearwin Sportster photo
For the first time in the sky the plane model Rearwin Sportster rose in 1935 year, while, despite the fact that the release of the aircraft was conducted in the pre-war period, the aircraft is largely ahead of his time, which was expressed, and high maneuverability, and high speed flight.
With the advent of the Second World War, production of aircraft Rearwin Sportster was stopped due to lack of demand for them, however, even for a very short period of release, the American engineers were able to build more than 330 aircrafts of this model (including produced on license in Sweden).
The aircraft has a good sound and aerodynamic design, which provides a fairly high level of safety in the implementation of flight, however, perform complex aerobatic stunts on this aircraft is not possible due to weak opposition variables on the value overloads.
On its board aircraft Rearwin Sportster may take up to two people - passengers and the pilot, while, thanks to the extended cab design, the aircraft can also carry en their board, and a small amount of payload, such as its mass, taking into account its weight being in the plane of people should not exceed 264 kg. Due to the fact that the aircraft is positioned as a sports aircraft, the range of its flight is very limited, and is about 770 km.
As the power plant in the basic version of the aircraft used Rearwin Sportster piston aircraft engine Radial LeBlond 5DE able to develop power in 70 hp Maximum airspeed of an aircraft can reach depending on the engine model 200 km \ h., Which is a very reasonable especially considering the period of production of the aircraft.
Aircraft Rearwin Sportster produced in the history of its production in the following modifications:
- Rearwin Sportster 7000 - Basic version sports aircraft;
- Rearwin Sportster 8500 - An improved version, equipped with a power ustanvokoy LeBlond 5DFmoschnostyu in 85 hp .;
- Rearwin Sportster 9000-L - A modified version of the aircraft, with its radial engine LeBlond 5F (90 hp);
- Rearwin Sportster 9000-KR - Version with engine Ken-Royce;
- Rearwin Sportster 9000-W - A modified version of a piston aircraft engine equipped Warner Scarab Jr (90 hp);
- Götaverken GV 38 - The Swedish version of the aircraft, manufactured by «AB Götaverken».
Specifications Rearwin Sportster.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,78 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,68 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,06 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 376 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 264 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 640 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 165 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 770 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4635 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: LeBlond 5DF (depending on version);
- Power: 85 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation