Rearwin Speedster. Specifications. A photo.
Rearwin Speedster - a single-engine light sport aircraft produced in the US in 30-ies of the last century, Aircraft Company «Rearwin».
A photoRearwin Speedster
Start of development of sports single-engine aircraft Rearwin Speedster was initiated by the private owners of aircraft from the US, who needed high-speed and multi-function aircraft, capable of carrying a carriage on its occupants and cargo transportation.
For its era aircraft Rearwin Speedster is quite impressive, and, expressed it quite good aerodynamic shape, which in turn helps reduce drag during flight, and compact size combined with high maneuverability of the aircraft.
The first work on the design Rearwin Speedster model aircraft began in 1932 year, while initially the American aircraft manufacturers have assumed that the aircraft will take place only for one person, however, to extend the functionality in the end it was decided to increase the cabin of an aircraft and to establish here a passenger chair, which in turn was to attract more potential customers.
Rearwin Speedster photo
In 1935, the plane Rearwin Speedster has successfully completed its first flight, and in a few months went into serial production, which however did not last that long because of the low demand for aircraft of this model - for the entire period, with 1935 on 1937 year it was built just 14 aircraft, of which today we know of the existence of only two copies.
In the cockpit of the aircraft Rearwin Speedster two people can be accommodated - the pilot and the passenger, while, due to the presence of sufficient free space plane Rearwin Speedster can also be used to transport small in mass freight - payload, take on board an airplane is 280 kg, that in view of its own pilot and one passenger can carry weight on board about one quintal of cargo, which is quite acceptable for a mid-30-ies of the last century, when the aircraft was put into production.
As the power plant on the plane Rearwin Speedster uses a piston aircraft engine Menasco C-4 (basic production version of the airplane), capable of traction in 125 hp, which in turn is sufficient to ensure that the aircraft could freely negotiate the distance to 960 kilometers at a cruising flight speed in 235 km \ h.
Between 1935 1937 year for the aircraft model Rearwin Speedster comes in two technically different from each other versions:
- Rearwin Speedster 6000- A prototype of the aircraft equipped with piston engine ACE Cirrus. two copies one of which has survived to the present time has been built;
- Rearwin Speedster 6000M- The production version of the airplane, equipped with a power plant Menasco C-4 125 power in HP
Specifications Rearwin Speedster.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,76 m .;
- Wingspan: 9,76 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,03 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 478 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 280 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 758 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 235 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 265 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 960 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4260 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Menasco C-4 (depending on version);
- Power: 125 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation