Radioplane RP-77. Specifications. A photo.
Radioplane RP-77 - military unmanned aerial vehicle developed in 1958, the American company «Radioplane».
UAV model Radioplane RP-77 became amerikansk4imi designed by experts in the field of aviation and aerospace technology in the middle of 50-ies of the last century. This aerial vehicle was to be used in the military field, however, it is important to clarify the fact that the drone has a very narrow its operating sector, in particular, it can only be used as an air target, in this connection and release of the UAV has been very limited .
For its era drone Radioplane RP-77 has sufficiently small dimensions - at a length of the fuselage in 4 meters 53 centimeter wingspan this drone is about 4 meters 66 centimeters, which enables the system quite acceptable maneuverability, and coupled with a good wind component it also greatly enhances the speed capabilities unmanned means.
Its first flight tests of an unmanned aerial vehicle model Radioplane RP-77 1958 has undergone in the year, however, due to the fact that the tests were failures, the project continued to be refined, and somewhat later, finally able to successfully complete all the necessary tests.
Powerplant UAV Radioplane RP-77 represented by one turboprop brand Boeing 502-10F, who having thrust in 285 hp able to disperse the air means to the maximum airspeed in 685 km \ h. However, the maximum duration of the flight the device is limited to one hour.
Over the entire period of release, American designers were presented with the following options for UAVs of this model:
- Radioplane RP-77 - Basic prototype drone equipped with a piston engine McCulloch;
- Radioplane RP-77A - Advanced UAV prototype, equipped with a piston engine Lycoming IMO-360;
- Radioplane RP-77B - Designing version of the drone, alleged to equip turbo powerplant;
- Radioplane RP-77C - improved analogue drone Radioplane RP-77B;
- Radioplane RP-77D - Modification of an engine equipped Boeing 502-10F;
- Radioplane RP-86 - Stub modification drone.
Specifications Radioplane RP-77.
- Length: 4,53 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 4,66 m (depending on version).
- Height: 1,58 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 475 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 520 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 685 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 160 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 14300 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turboprop (depending on version);
- Powerplant: Boeing 502-10F (depending on version);
- Power: 285 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation