Potez 840. Specifications. A photo.
Potez 840 - French multipurpose passenger aircraft designed and manufactured by «Potez» company for the period from 1961 1967 year.
Potez 840 photo
Multiple aircraft was designed by French engineers, aircraft manufacturers in the mid-50-ies of the last century, at the same time, the designers managed to create a beautiful aerodynamic point of view, the design of the aircraft, to equip it with powerful engines and allow to carry on board up to 18 people. However, due to the fact that the plane was designed for a sufficiently long time, the plane was very expensive, and in addition to everything and was very costly in terms of its operational properties, and therefore the mass distribution has not received - for the entire production period was built only 8 aircrafts of this model, of which according to 2015 years been aware of the existence of only two aircraft.
A photoPotez 840
Thanks to the joint work of French engineers and a group of international designers have managed to build quite modern even at current interim standards aircraft suitable for overcoming of extended distances up to 3 thousand kilometers at fairly high speeds, however, due to the presence in the aircraft the Potez 840 powerful turboprop engines , the plane had a huge fuel consumption, making the operation of these aircraft is very expensive.
Salon can accommodate aircraft on board to passengers 18, in turn, taking into account the time of the appearance of the aircraft is quite acceptable, however, for a number of very constructive reasons, the aircraft was not suitable for the transportation of goods, and positioned solely as a passenger aircraft.
In addition to the civil aviation model Potez 840 to be used in the military sphere, and, it was expected that the aircraft will be able to transport and military forces, and used as an observation aircraft or reconnaissance aircraft, however, for the above reasons, the aircraft in the Air Force and not entered.
The power plant of the Potez aircraft 840 includes four turboprop aircraft engine Turbomeca Astazou X (depending on version), which may develop draft order 640 hp each. With powerful powerplant aircraft can accelerate to speeds in 520 km \ h., But the extremely high fuel consumption is a big disadvantage, which is why the project was considered a likely failure.
During his rather short period of production of the Potez aircraft models produced in 840 3 basic versions:
- Potez 840 - Manufacturing base version equipped engines Brand Astazou;
- Potez 841 - A modified version equipped with engines Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-6 (550 hp);
- Potez 842 - Improved version with engines Turbomeca Astazou X.
Specifications Potez 840.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 18 people;
- aircraft Length: 16 m .;
- Wingspan: 19,6 m .;
- Plane Height: 5,2 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 5430 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 3470 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 8900 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 500 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 520 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 3000 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 8000 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 4 × Turbomeca Astazou X (depending on version);
- Power: 4 × 640 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation