Potez 62. Specifications. A photo.
Potez 62 - French twin-engine civil aircraft, developed by aircraft manufacturers of the company «Potez» in 1935 year.
A photoPotez 62
Development of multi-purpose civilian aircraft began in the Potez 62 1933 year, at the same time the design of future passenger liner was carried out on the basis of the French military bomber, which in turn helped to a great extent to save time in the development of the project and minimize the cost of production of the aircraft.
Appearance passenger aircraft Potez 62 very different from a military bomber Potez 540, in this case, a civilian version of the aircraft is more efficient in terms of its operation, in particular, the plane has greater maneuverability, but for take-off and landing it takes more than The length of the runway.
The first aircraft the Potez 62 flight took place in 1935 year, and due to its relatively high flight-technical qualities of the aircraft is very much interested in European flights shedule, in particular, this refers to the «Air France» French airline, which for some time has successfully led operation aircraft this model.
Potez 62 photo
The Potez aircraft 62 is quite effective for its era, in particular, it is able to carry on its board until 19 people (including crew consisting of three persons and 16 passengers), which in turn allowed it to use on a variety of extended air routes. The basic version of the aircraft provides accommodation on board 14 passengers, however, appeared a little later an improved version of the aircraft, enabling it to carry up to 16 passengers. If necessary, the Potez aircraft 62 can also be transported on its board and various kinds of cargo, including a total weight of up to 3,5 tonnes, which is very effective in this case, the maximum range of the following aircraft of 1 thousand kilometers, which is also quite acceptable.
CabinPotez 62 (archive photo)
Two piston 14-cylinder aircraft engine Gnome-Rhône 14Kirs Mistral Major aircraft to provide the Potez 62 1740 total traction in hp, which in turn provides the aircraft high flight speed is about 320 km \ h. (Maximum speed), that is very promising considering the period of production and operation of the aircraft of this model.
Passenger liner Potez 62 manufactured by French aircraft manufacturers in two different versions:
- Potez 62 - The basic version of the aircraft, allowing to place on board 14 passengers;
- Potez 621 - An improved version of the aircraft is designed to carry passengers 16.
Specifications Potez 62.
- Crew: 3 person;
- Passenger: 14 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 17,32 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 22,45 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,90 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 4000 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 3500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 7500 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 280 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight speed: 320 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 1000 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 7500 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: 2 × Gnome-Rhône 14Kirs Mistral Major;
- Power: 2 × 870 hp
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation