Pipistrel Virus. Specifications. A photo.
Pipistrel Virus - Slovenian ultra-light aircraft, designed and manufactured by «Pipistrel» with 1995 years.
Pipistrel Virus photo
Designing Pipistrel Virus ultra-light aircraft conducted Slovenian engineers based model Pipistrel Sinus, at the same time, the appearance is almost no difference is not acquired, while the functionality of the aircraft to a certain extent increased, which was the cause of a large interest in the aircraft - for for the period from 1995 2014 years 600 was built more aircrafts of this model, and including modifications to its base.
The main structural change Pipistrel Virus aircraft became smaller wingspan, and if earlier the plane was supposed to operate as a motorized glider, but now there was no such a possibility, although certain properties, due to the scope 12 meters (depending on version), survived.
Thanks to the rather unique technology of the aircraft, the value of the aircraft was very acceptable to the future owners - according to 2014 years, the price of the aircraft was only about 75 thousand dollars, while the hallmark of this ultra-light aircraft from the modern aircraft light type, is only the maximum payload mass to take on board.
aircraft cabin is Pipistrel Virus is designed for two people - a pilot and a passenger, while, at the rear of the cabin there is a special luggage compartment allows you to take on board a small cargo a total weight of up to 316 kilos (including the dead weight of the pilot and passenger), which actually means that the plane can carry more than 100 kilos of cargo, with the only exception that its volume should not exceed a certain cabin volume.
Photo Pipistrel Virus
Among other things, the plane Pipistrel Virus is widely used as a light sport aircraft, which is facilitated by good aerodynamic shape, high speed handling and good maneuverability.
Pipistrel Virus power plant comprises one of a reciprocating engine Rotax model, thus, capacity, depending on the modification of the aircraft may vary from 80 hp to 100 hp, which in turn provides the lifting force and the corresponding affects the maximum speed of flight, which can be up to 300 km \ h. The maximum flight distance for the aircraft is also very high, amounting to 1420 kilometers of flight.
In addition to civil aviation, Pipistrel Virus model aircraft was also applied in the military sphere. In particular, in 2015, the Indian armed forces have carried out a purchase 194 aircraft, which are operated and to carry out observation flights, and to patrol the area, and for the training of future pilots.
Aircraft Pipistrel Virus is available in three basic versions:
- Pipistrel Virus 912 - The basic version of the aircraft with 12-meter wingspan;
- Pipistrel Virus 912 SW 80 - Modified version with 10-meter wingspan and a power plant with a capacity of 80 hp .;
- Pipistrel Virus 912 SW 100 - An improved version of Pipistrel Virus 912 SW 80, piston aircraft engine with a capacity of 100 hp
Specifications Pipistrel Virus.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,05 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,0 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 1,85 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 284 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 316 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 600 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 275 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 300 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1420 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 7000 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Rotax 912ULS (depending on version);
- Power: 100 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation