Piper PA-31T Cheyenne. Specifications. A photo
Piper PA-31T Cheyenne - light twin-engine turboprop aircraft manufactured by the American aircraft manufacturer Piper Aircraft Corporation with 1974 1985 of the year.
Photo Piper PA-31T Cheyenne
Production of the aircraft Piper Cheyenne was founded on the basis of version Piper PA-31PHowever, the aircraft received a new turboprop powerplant consists of two engine Pratt & Whitney PT-6-28, each of which was able to develop the capacity of 620 hp (basic production version), and to ensure the aircraft acceleration to speed 525 km \ h (the maximum speed of flight), which is perfect for overcoming distances in kilometers 2700.
Piper PA-31T Cheyenne photos
His first flight of the aircraft Piper Cheyenne took place in 1969 year, however, because of the need to refine the model into production, this version came only 1974 year. Thanks to work done by the aircraft manufacturers upgrade the aircraft to be not only to provide passenger transportation, taking on board up to 8 people (2 crew and 6 passengers), but also to transport goods, which contributed not only to the interior of the aircraft, and the maximum payload constituting more than 2,2 tons.
Later, in the year 1976, aircraft manufacturers of the Piper Aircraft Corporation presented a model Piper PA-31T-1 Cheyenne, also referred to only as Piper Cheyenne I. The aircraft had two less powerful (500 hp each) aircraft engines Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A -II, but at the same time, the version itself was very cheap and simple in terms of maintenance.
VIP-SalonPiper PA-31T Cheyenne
Model Piper Cheyenne II was slightly modified, in particular due to the finalization of the wing profile, and installation compared to the first version of the two turboprop engines Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-28, 1240 total capacity in horsepower, the aircraft could accelerate to more high speeds and set more capacious fuel tanks allow the aircraft to carry out air travel over distances up to 3000 km.
In 1982 year, the American aircraft manufacturers have presented a model Piper PA-31T-2 Cheyenne IIXL, the main distinguishing feature is the elongated fuselage, allows you to post on the board to 8 passengers, as well as a new power plant, represented by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-135, having a total capacity of 1500 hp However, the model has become extremely expensive, and therefore, the number of sold planes was sufficiently small, which is why, after a few years, the production of this model has been finally completed.
Specifications Piper Cheyenne.
- Crew: 2 person;
- Passenger: 6 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 10,58 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 13 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,89 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2209 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1873 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4082 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 393 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 525 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2739 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 8840 m .;
- aircraft engine Type: Turboprop;
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney PT-6-28 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 620 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation