Piper PA-28 Cherokee. Specifications. Photography
Piper PA-28 Cherokee - easy-motor aircraft, American Aircraft Corporation produced by Piper Aircraft to 1961 years to the present time, making the aircraft one of the most mass-produced in the history of aviation.
A photoPiper PA-28 Cherokee
His first flight of small-engine aircraft Piper PA-28 Cherokee made in 1960 year, while originally technical and flight characteristics of the new aircraft did not meet the manufacturer, which is why the design of the aircraft has been further improved, and a year later, the plane was put into mass production .
In the development of the aircraft, the basis was taken fuselage model Piper PA-24 Comanche, however, thanks to that performed improvements, the aerodynamic shape of the fuselage were as fine-tuned, allowing the air device is not only different from the basic design of the aircraft model, Comanche, but also have a more spectacular technical and flight performance.
Piper PA-28 Cherokee photos
His first appearance before a wide audience, the aircraft received the most support from the future owners and customers at the same time, large volume of orders contributed to not only acceptable performance of the aircraft, but also the relatively low price of the aircraft.
Thanks to the power plant, consisting of a motor Lycoming O-320-A2B capacity 150 hp (basic production version) the aircraft could accelerate up to speed in 237 km \ h (the maximum speed of flight), which was very mediocre, because in the future, this model is much better optimized and could accelerate to higher speeds.
Piper PA-28 Cherokee
Depending on the version of aircraft. on board the aircraft could accommodate two to four people, including among other things, and one pilot. Subsequently, the interior of the aircraft expected to expand 6 people, however, due to the significant appreciation of the model, there was a risk of lack of demand, and therefore, the aircraft is in fact, for more than 50 years of its existence has not changed.
Piper PA-28 Cherokee
In addition to basic production version, aeronautical engineer from the Piper Aircraft Corporation introduced several modifications, differing in both appearance and flight performance:
- Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee Cruiser - Double modification, equipped with a piston engine Lycoming O-320-E2A;
- Piper PA-28-151 Cherokee Warrior - Quadruple version, equipped powerplant Lycoming O-320-E3D power 150 hp increased payload;
- Piper PA-28-160 Cherokee - Quadruple version equipped with a piston aircraft engine Lycoming O-320-B2B (160 hp) and has increased the maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II - Modification equipped 160-horsepower Lycoming O-320-D3G, allowing to place aboard to 3 passengers and has an increased maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- Piper PA-28-161 Warrior III - Quadruple model, which is the analog version of the Warrior II with a modified interior and instrument panel;
- Piper PA-28-180 Cherokee - Quadruple modification equipped power plant with a capacity of 180 hp (Lycoming O-360-A3A), has an increased maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- Piper PA-28-180 Archer - Quadruple version of small-engine aircraft, which has enhanced and lengthened fuselage, a tail part of a renewed, increased take-off weight and piston aircraft engine capacity of 180 hp .;
- Piper PA-28-181 Archer II - Quadruple version, similar to the model Archer with a number of changes in the cabin and increased weight vzlёtnym;
- Piper PA-28-181 Archer III - Analog of the Archer II with a number of minor changes;
- Piper PA-28-201T Turbo Dakota - Quadruple turbo version, equipped with an engine Continental TSIO-360-FB and has an increased maximum take-off weight;
CabinPiper PA-28 Cherokee
- Piper PA-28-235 Cherokee Pathfinder - Quadruple modification is equipped with a motor Lycoming O-540-B2B5 capacity 235 hp, and have an increased carrying capacity. Later the model was optimized - lengthened fuselage, increased control, etc .;
- Piper PA-28-236 Dakota - A model similar version of Cherokee Pathfinder, with a number of minor technical improvements;
- Piper PA-28S-160 Cherokee - Quadruple float equipped version of the chassis and the engine power in 160 hp (Lycoming O-320-D2A);
- Piper PA-28S-180 - Analogue version of PA-28S-160 Cherokee, 180-equipped with powerful piston aircraft engine Lycoming O-360-A3A, as well as having an increased maximum take-off weight;
- Piper PA-28R-180 Arrow - Quadruple version of the aircraft, which has an engine Lycoming IO-360-B1E capacity 180 hp and folding chassis;
- Piper PA-28R-200 Arrow - Analogue version Piper PA-28-180 Arrow, equipped with an engine capacity in 200 hp and having an increased take-off weight;
- Piper PA-28R-200 Arrow II - A modified version of the Piper PA-28R-200 Arrow, having increased the length of the fuselage, a new tail, fins and increasing the maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow III - Quadruple model, which is the analog version of the Arrow II with an increased maximum weight vzlёtnym;
- Piper PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III - An upgraded version of the Arrow III, equipped turbocharged piston engine Continental TSIO-360-F capacity 200 hp .;
- Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow IV - Analog of the Arrow III, equipped with a modified tail (T-shaped tail);
- Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow - Quadruple turbocharged version of small-engine aircraft, which is analogous to the modification Arrow IV;
- Archer DX - Quadruple model, equipped with a diesel engine Continental CD-155 155 power in horsepower, turbocharged.
From the middle of the produced 2015 years 33 thousand aircraft actively exploited about 31 thousand of these aircraft.
Specifications Piper PA-28 Cherokee.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 3 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 7,16 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 9,2 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2,25 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 544 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 431 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 975 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 200 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 230 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 867 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 4400 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-320-E2A (depending on version);
- Power: 150 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation