Piper J-4 Cub Coupe. Specifications. A photo.
Piper J-4 Cub Coupe - American light multi-purpose aircraft, designed in the year 1938 Aircraft Corporation «Piper Aircraft Corporation».
Piper J-4 Cub Coupe photo
US aircraft manufacturers started to design a multipurpose aircraft model Piper J-4 Cub Coupe in 30-ies of the last century. Design of the aircraft was carried out from aircraft manufacturers «Piper Aircraft Corporation» on the basis of the model aircraft Piper J-3 Cub, however, the aircraft was beautifully optimized in view of what has become a very popular, although it has lost some of its operational properties.
At its core, the most important change of the aircraft Piper J-4 Cub Coupe in comparison with an aircraft model Piper J-3 Cub is a modified cabin, which has become wider, which provided a more comfortable environment for your stay here the pilot and passenger. Nevertheless, this factor led to the fact that the aircraft lost the opportunity to carry on its board loads, but, despite this fact, the aircraft model has proved very popular - for the entire release period, which lasted from 1938 of 1942 years, it was built 1250 copies of the aircraft of this model.
Despite the fact that the fuselage of the aircraft Piper J-4 Cub Coupe became wider active factor hardly affected drag during flight, as to some extent improved aerodynamics top of the aircraft, and adapted airfoil enabled aircraft to remain as maneuverable.
A photoPiper J-4 Cub Coupe
The first flight tests of the aircraft Piper J-4 Cub Coupe underwent in May 1938 years - since in essence the aircraft fuselage structure has already been successfully tested, the new test did not cause little or no difficulty, and in August 1938, this aircraft was sent to the serial production. To date, it remained very large number of aircraft of this model, thus, most of them continue to be operated by private owners.
In the cockpit Piper J-4 Cub Coupe multipurpose aircraft can accommodate up to two people - a pilot and a passenger, and, despite the presence of a sufficiently large volume of space, due to aircraft equipment very low-powered power plant, the aircraft can not be used for the carriage of a larger number people or extra payload, but, along with this, aircraft manufacturers managed to keep a very reasonable cost of the aircraft.
The power plant of the aircraft model Piper J-4 Cub Coupe apparatus represented by a single piston engine aircraft grade Lycoming O-145-B1, who having thrust in 65 hp (Depending on the modifications) provides the ability to perform the aircraft at a speed of overshooting 160 km \ h., With a maximum possible distance to their sequence 545 kilometers.
AircraftPiper J-4 Cub Coupe
There are five major versions of the aircraft of this model:
- Piper J-4 Cub Coupe - The basic production version of the airplane;
- Piper J-4A Cub Coupe - An upgraded version of the aircraft, powerplant equipped model Continental A65-1 (65 hp);
- Piper J-4B Cub Coupe - Modification, equipped with an engine capacity in HP 60 .;
- Piper J-4E Cub Coupe - An improved version of the aircraft, equipped with a piston aircraft engine brand Continental A75-9 (75 hp);
- Piper J-4F Cub Coupe - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with engine brand Avco Lycoming O-145-A1.
Specifications Piper J-4 Cub Coupe.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,86 m .;
- Wingspan: 11,02 m .;
- Plane Height: 2,08 m .;
- Weight of empty aircraft: 335 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 255 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 590 kg .;
- Cruising speed: 160 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 190 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 545 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 3700 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Lycoming O-145-B1 (depending on version);
- Power: 65 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation