Piper J-2 Cub. Specifications. A photo
Piper J-2 Cub is an American double of light-aircraft, also known by the name of Taylor J-2 Cub, unreleased original company Taylorcraft Aircraft, and later - Aircraft Corporation Piper Aircraft.
Photo Piper J-2 Cub
Designing an airplane Piper J-2 Cub, originally cited as Taylor J-2 Cub, began in the year 1934, and is literally a year later the plane was tested, and since the year 1936, entered into mass production. Due to the fact the aircraft has become a multi-purpose, the demand for this aircraft was quite high - just 1207 aircraft was built in two years, of which, to date, we know of the existence of 102 of aircraft (in the US), mainly located privately owned.
Piper J-2 Cub photo
development model Piper J-2 Cub were based on the base versions of Taylor Cub, which appeared in 1930 year, however, the plane has been upgraded, there began to be used more advanced and powerful propulsion system (piston engine Continental A-40-3 capacity of 37 l. c.), the fuselage structure has undergone a number of changes, positively influenced the flight performance of the aircraft.
On board the small-engine aircraft Piper J-2 Cub can accommodate up to 2 people (including one pilot), at the same time the passenger seat could be dismantled if necessary, and in this case, on board the aircraft could be transported a small load (maximum payload Piper J- 2 185 of the Cub kg.), in particular e-mail.
Cab Piper J-2 Cub
One of the drawbacks of the aircraft was its extremely light weight, which is why the implementation of flights in windy weather was very labored, that does not always satisfy the needs of the owners.
The main reason for the termination of clotting program production aircraft Piper J-2 Cub was the emergence of more advanced model - Piper J-3 Cub, on a number of parameters ahead of the current version. However, the aircraft was used extensively until 60-ies of the last century, after which, the number of exploited machines gradually began to descend to a minimum.
In 1955 year, thanks to some changes appeared single modification of the aircraft - a model Dudek V-1 Sportplane, received a more powerful piston engine (65 hp) and modify the structure of the fuselage, including the change in the shape and location of the wing. This version is in use to this day.
Specifications Piper J-2 Cub.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 1 people;
- aircraft Length: 6,83 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 10,75 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 2 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 255 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 185 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 440 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 128 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 140 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 337 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 3660 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Continental A-40-3 (depending on version);
- Power: 37 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation