Piaggio P.166. Specifications. A photo.
Piaggio P.166 - twin-engine civil aircraft of the Italian production, manufactured by «Piaggio Aero» with 1957 years.
Piaggio P.166a photo
Multiple aircraft Piaggio P.166 was developed by Italian specialists in aircraft manufacturers 1954 year, at the same time as the base model amphibious aircraft was taken to the initial design, which has undergone a sea change, and in fact, is completely different from its prototype.
Depending on its purpose, Piaggio P.166 aircraft could be used for transportation of passengers and goods, performance of special flights to patrol the area and so on, and, a little later, the plane is also used extensively in military applications, which could be used in as a search and rescue aircraft, vehicle air assets, or the same as a patrol aircraft.
Despite the relatively compact dimensions, the plane Piaggio P.166 able to carry on its board until 14 people, including two pilots and passengers 12, which in turn has made it suitable for use in local and regional routes. In addition, due to the presence of a sufficiently powerful propulsion system, the aircraft is able to take on board a cargo total weight of up to 1612 kilogram, with a relative ease of use made it an aircraft of this model a good opportunity.
A photoPiaggio P.166
The power plant of the aircraft Piaggio P.166 is very unusual, in particular, is expressed by the factor that the two aircraft engine used here perform a pushing rather than pulling the function, as is typical for the majority of aircraft of this type. Depending on the embodiment and modifications, the aircraft can be equipped with a piston aircraft engines (basic prototype has two engines Lycoming GSO-480-B1C6 capacity of 340 hp each) and turboprop, which in turn provides the aircraft and a high load capacity and high enough airspeed, component, depending on the version of the aircraft to 400 km \ h.
The military order plane Piaggio P.166 used mainly as a patrol aircraft means, at the same time the aircraft was used as the Italian Air Force and South African Air Force.
Among the outstanding aircraft modifications should specify the following:
- Piaggio P.166 - Basic prototype aircraft;
- Piaggio P.166AL1 - The basic production version of the aircraft, designed to carry on its board until 10 people;
- Piaggio P.166B Portofino - A modified version, equipped with two piston engines Lycoming IGSO-540-A1C, each of which is capable of power 380 hp .;
- Piaggio P.166BL2 / APH - Military reconnaissance version of the aircraft;
- Piaggio P.166SL2 - Civilian cargo version of the plane, allowing to place on the board to 12 passengers;
- Piaggio P.166DL3 - Light transport version of the aircraft, equipped with two turboprop engines;
- Piaggio P.166DL3 / APH - A modified version for the Italian Air Force;
- Piaggio P.166DL3 / MAR - A modified version for the Italian Navy;
- Piaggio P.166DL3 / SEM - Patrol version of the aircraft, developed by request of the Italian Navy;
- Piaggio P.166DP1 - A modified version of the aircraft, equipped with two turboprop engines Pratt & Whitney PT6A-121 (615 hp each).
- Piaggio P.166M - The military version of the aircraft;
- Piaggio P.166 S Albatros - Search and rescue version of the aircraft developed by order of the South African Air Force.
During the entire production period Italian aircraft manufacturer «Piaggio Aero» was issued more than 150 copies of the aircraft, most of which are still actively used.
Specifications Piaggio P.166.
- Crew: 2 people;
- Passenger: 12 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 11,8 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 14,6 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 5 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 2690 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1610 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 4300 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 350 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 400 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 2130 km .;
- Maximum flight height: 4860 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston (depending on version);
- Powerplant: 2 × Lycoming LTP 101-700 (depending on version);
- Power: 2 × 1200 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation