Are you here
Designation and types of aircraft and helicopters, the US Air Force
The designation of the aircraft (helicopter), the US Air Force is made up of letters and numbers that define the class of aircraft, the type and modification (change).
Aviation United Statessubmitted here.
Aircraft airlines submitted here
Helicopters submitted here
For the designation of a class of aircraft, the following letter:
- F - Fighters;
- B - bomber;
- R - reconnaissance aircraft;
- RF - reconnaissance aircraft, created on the basis of ^ fighter;
- RB - "reconnaissance aircraft, based at the bomber;
- C - military transport 'plane;
- RC - reconnaissance aircraft based at the military transport aircraft;
- K - tanker aircraft;
- HF - tanker aircraft, based at the bomber;
- CS - tanker aircraft, based at the military transport aircraft;
- N - helicopter.
Aircraft type specified in the designation of the serial number that is assigned to the aircraft in the contract with the firm for its design.
If you make any changes in aircraft design to its designation letter is added, determining the modification (change). modification number is determined by the sequence number of the letters in the Latin alphabet.
Furthermore, each type of aircraft in most cases are assigned here.
Example identification and naming of the aircraft: B-47E "Stratodzhet" (B - bomber, 47 - type number, E - the fifth modification, "Stratodzhet" - the name).
The designation of the aircraft (helicopter), the US Navy is made up of letters and numbers that define the class of aircraft, the firm developed the airplane, the model number of the aircraft of this class, this company developed, modified, as well as additional options for special equipment or weapons.
For the designation of a class of aircraft the following characters :,
- F - carrier-based fighter;
- A - attack deck;
- pgj - basic patrol aircraft;
- R - military transport aircraft;
- N - helicopter;
- BUT - the helicopter, designed for artillery-adjustment;
- HR - transport and assault helicopters;
- HL - Auxiliary helicopter:
- HT - training helicopter;
- HS - helicopter designed for use against submarines.
- For the "designation of the company that developed the aircraft, the following letter:
- C - Curtiss company;
- D - Douglas Company;
- F - firm Grumman;
- E - Hiller company;
- N - firm McDonnell;
- J - company in North America;
- L - Bell Company;
- M - Martin company;
- P - Piasecki company;
- Q - Fairchild company;
- S - Sikorsky company;
- U - Vought firm;
- V - Lockheed;
- Y - Consolidated company.
Modification of the plane or helicopter is determined by a number, indicating the revision number.
In that case, if the plane is available in the version with special equipment or weapons, then added to his designation letter specifying the nature of the special-purpose aircraft. For this purpose, the following letter:
- M - the plane has equipment for weather reconnaissance;
- N - aircraft equipped for night operations;
- P - equipped aircraft to conduct photographic reconnaissance;
- S - aircraft having anti-submarine weapons;
- W - aircraft having a special radar equipment
Example identification and naming of the aircraft: F2H-2P «Benshi» (F - fighter 2N - the second type of fighter designed by McDonnell, 2 - the second modification of the fighter F - the plane has special equipment to conduct photographic reconnaissance, "Benshi" - name).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation