JSC "Kazan Aircraft Production Association"
KAPO (Kazan Aviation Production Association named after Gorbunov SP) - one of the largest enterprises of aviation industry of the Russian Federation.
Located at street Academician Pavlov and Maximov in the eastern part of the district of the village district Karavaevo Aviastroitelny Kazan. It has the factory airfield "Borisoglebsk", also located close to the city.
Manufactures civil and military aircraft, and also consumer goods.
Together with a number of KMPO located, are among the companies that make up the area.
History of the plant
Plant № 124 and. Sergo Ordzhonikidze
In 1932 year is being built inside the city of Kazan "Kazmashstroy" (Aviation Plant) began construction of the plant, received in 1934, the name "Plant № 124 them. Sergo Ordzhonikidze. "
In 1934-1936 years (infancy) were produced in the factory: shestimotorny ANT-20bis (MG-bis, PS-124) at the time the largest in the world aircraft; aircraft that participated in the All-Union flight are educational and sports planes KAI-1; DB-A bomber design Bolkhovitinov VF (they had found a couple of speed records, records of duty and altitude).
In 1937 year began to be produced work on preparations for the serial production of the first in the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics-speed heavy bomber TB-7 (Pe-8), production of which has been established only a few years (total 93 instance was created plane). These aircraft were produced in the first year 1941 and 1942 bombing of Berlin by the Soviet delegation to the diplomatic flight to the United States.
In 1940 year began preparations for the production of passenger aircraft Li-2 / SS-84 under license purchased from the company of American "Douglas" (released ten cars).
At the beginning of World War II, the plant is actively engaged in the production of Pe-2, dive bomber.
Kazan aviation plant № 22 them. Gorbunov SP
14.05.1927 was granted Decision of the Council of Defense and Labor Union of Soviet Socialist Republics on the establishment in Moscow Aviation Plant. He was named director of the plant SP Gorbunov, who died in a plane crash in 1933 year. The plant was awarded the Order of Lenin in the same year.
In October - November 1941 years "Moscow Aviation Plant № 22 them .. SP Gorbunov" were evacuated to Kazan in place "Plant № 124 them. Sergo Ordzhonikidze. " Order of People's Commissariat of Aviation Industry of the USSR in December 1941, the new entity was given the official name - "Kazan aviation plant № 22 them. Gorbunov SP. "
It was put into operation in a short time arrived arranged production equipment and military equipment. The number of employees was about 30 thousand.
During World War II
The emergence of qualified experts provided an opportunity to solve the problem trudoresursov that existed before the war in the factory.
The plant was technically fully perevooruzhёn: built shop hot stamps, cold forming, mold, machine tool, tool. Service was reorganized pre-production.
1942 Year was a turning point in the development of plant production volume increased compared with 1940 year (the period before the war to) eight times. The maximum amount of manufacturing were achieved in 1944 year (more than 1100 percent) .In subsequent time, growth rates were as large.
Every twenty-four hours from the platform of the plant went on ten - twelve planes Pe-2 (total was made more than ten thousand airplanes). To send planes Pe-2 to the front at the plant was settled 221-second distillation separate regiment of the Air Force Workers 'and Peasants' Red Army.
For exemplary performance of government orders in September 1945, the plant was awarded the Order of the Red Banner, the plant transferred to the eternal storage Red Flag T-bills of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
A significant result of the restructuring during the war began to increase in productivity and a sharp increase in the technical level.
In the years after the war
In the second half of the year 1945, in accordance with the terms of the peace time, the scale of production at the plant began to strongly decrease.
At the end of the year 1945 began construction of a heavy long-range bomber Tu-4, which according to its own technical and tactical and structural and technical parameters are largely prevailed over the earlier produced aircraft.
Was made a major restructuring of the plant: built three shops (including - Template-loft), converted seven instrumental and mechanical workshops and six aggregates, new production lines were put into operation. Production equipped with new highly specialized equipment, templates, snap, put into operation new production processes: honing, arc welding multilayer cylinder chassis, cast bronze, and so on.
In 1947 year began mass production of Tu-4, the company has become the main for the production of these aircraft.
03.081947 three serial Tu-4 and passenger version TU-70 participated along with other aircraft in the aviation parade in Tushino.
In 1951 year were put into operation for the final finishing of the hangar aircraft directly at the airport, flight-testing station, the matter was put into a special workshop for the production of ground radar equipment.
In 1952 year production of Tu-4 was terminated (total released 655 aircraft) and the plant began to master the production of long-range missile jet bomber Tu-16, unique in its techni- flight performance.
There were significantly improved technology: for the first time introduced to the work of processing large-size electronic injection (hatches, lights), new techniques milling, pressing riveting group, manufacture of hermetic devices. Introduced machining holes devices and connectors butt surfaces panelirovanie, designed for the production of specialized plaza electroplaits, mastered the installation of communications systems to adapt, linked to the Plaza, and so on.
During the period of release of TU-16 799 aircraft it was made more than ten different variations (one of the biggest modifications was Tu-104B, passenger aircraft - only produced about a hundred aircraft). The aircraft were sold to Indonesia, China, Iraq, Egypt. In 1963 year ended serial production of Tu-16.
The plant in 1957-1962 years has significantly increased the capacity of (eighteen per cent of the fixed capital, thirteen percent of the equipment to eight percent of the area), which reduced the time needed to create a new generation of aircraft - the supersonic long-range bomber Tu-22. It built a new runway for its testing at the plant. In 1961, three Tu-22 lured participate in Tushino in the aviation parade. In 1962, the aircraft have adopted (total issued more than 300 aircraft, including for export to Libya and Iraq).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation