Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus. Specifications. A photo.
Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus - US military drone aircraft designed in 2003, the company «Northrop Grumman».
UAV PhotosNorthrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus
Work on the design of Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus unmanned air vehicle model were deployed American company «Northrop Grumman» at the end of 90-ies of the last century. This drone possessed a great prospect and had to take a worthy place in the US arsenal. Initially, the project of an unmanned air vehicle model Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus positioned solely as a reconnaissance ship, however, in the future, thanks to the optimization of the design and technical characteristics of the drone project was positioned as an independent fighting vehicle remote control.
The first flight of an unmanned aircraft Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus held in 2003 year, and due to the fact that the air vehicle has successfully coped with the performance of all tasks, the project was further developed, in particular, has become a mass-produced.
DroneNorthrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus photo
Despite the broad functionality of the unmanned aircraft, it means the air has a sufficiently compact size - at length in meters 8 50 centimeters wingspan drone that is only meters 8 46 centimeters. Due to this quality, as well as a good aerodynamic shape UAV Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus can develop high airspeed, while remaining very maneuverable.
Powerplant drone Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus represented by one turbojet brand Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15D-5C, who having thrust in 14,2 kN, can accelerate the UAV to the maximum speed of its flight in 1010 km \ h., While the maximum the effective range of the use of drone 2780 kilometers.
UAV Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus exists in three different versions and modifications, among which should be noted:
- Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus - The base case the drone;
- Northrop Grumman X-47B Pegasus - An upgraded version of the improved facilities equipped weapons;
- Northrop Grumman X-47C Pegasus - Variant with increased dimensions of the fuselage.
Specifications Northrop Grumman X-47A Pegasus.
- Length: 8,5 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 8,46 m (depending on version).
- Height: 1,86 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 2680 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 900 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 1010 km \ h .;
- Maximum flight distance: 2780 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 12200 m .;
- aircraft engine type: turbojet;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney Canada JT15D-5C (depending on version);
- Power: 14,2 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation