Northrop BQM-74 Chukar. Specifications. A photo.
Northrop BQM-74 Chukar - the US military unmanned aerial vehicle designed «Northrop Corporation» Corporation in 1965 year.
Northrop BQM-74 Chukar photo
Project unmanned model Northrop BQM-74 Chukar were created by American engineers, designers and specialists in the field of aerospace technology in the early 60-ies of the last century. The main initiator of the beginning of development acted as US Department of Defense, which is needed in unmanned aerial vehicles used for the training of specialists for the destruction of air targets, and, a very important factor was to be the cost of the drone, as it was supposed to produce these devices in large quantities. Fak4ticheski American drone aircraft Northrop BQM-74 Chukar is a radio-controlled aerial target capable to perform flights at high speeds and long distances.
The first test tests the unmanned aerial vehicle has undergone in 1965 year, and due to the fact that there were no deviations from the standards set by developers have been identified, the project will continue to improve the requirements of the US Department of Defense, and since 1967 years became mass-produced.
UAV Northrop BQM-74 Chukar has a sufficiently compact size that allows the device acceptable maneuverability and good aerodynamics that affects such parameters as speed, controllability etc..
Powerplant UAV Northrop BQM-74 Chukar presented turbojet brand Williams J400-WR-404, able to develop traction in 1,1 kN., Which in turn provides the ability to accelerate to drone limit airspeed in 972 km \ h.
The following versions of the drone:
- Northrop BQM-74A Chukar I - Basic version of the UAV;
- Northrop XBQM-108 - upgraded prototype device;
- Northrop MQM-74C Chukar II - An improved version of the drone with an increased maximum speed of movement;
- Northrop BQM-74C Chukar III - Modification, developed on the basis of the UAV Northrop MQM-74C Chukar II;
- Northrop BQM-74E Chukar III - Upgraded version with improved power plant.
Specifications Northrop BQM-74 Chukar.
- Length: 3,94 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 1,76 m (depending on version).
- Height: 0,71 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 250 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 750 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 972 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 150 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 12000 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine Type: Jet;
- Powerplant: Williams J400-WR-404 (depending on version) e;
- Power: 1,1 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation