Northrop AQM-35. Specifications. A photo.
Northrop AQM-35 - American supersonic unmanned aircraft, developed in the year 1956 «Northrop Corporation» Corporation.
Design UAV model Northrop AQM-35 started by American aircraft manufacturers and aerospace technology experts in the first half of 50-ies of the last century. The new drone designed for use in the military sphere, and could be involved as a fast-moving air targets, such as military training ended the fight with the enemy aircraft, as well as to test new weapons systems. Despite the fact that the device for its era was a very promising project that the UAV had a low enough popularity - only 25 drones were built during the entire production period.
The first flight tests of the model Northrop AQM-35 unmanned aircraft were held in January 1956 years. Because the drone successfully coped with the tasks, the project was put into production, and since the middle of the same year, the first drones were sent to the US Army weaponry. Permanently withdrawn from service, the drone Northrop AQM-35 was recorded in mid-60-ies.
Powerplant UAV Northrop AQM-35 represented by one jet engine, which is able to develop traction in 8,1 kN. (Depending on version and the version of the device) that allows unmanned aerial vehicles to reach a maximum speed of flight in 1650 km \ h.
Over the entire period of production, the American engineers had created and built several different versions of the drones:
- Northrop XQ-4 - A prototype of the drone;
- Northrop Q-4 - basic production version of the UAV;
- Northrop Q-4A - A modernized version of the UAV, with improved power plant;
- Northrop Q-4B - modification of the fuselage with power;
- Northrop AQM-35A - An analog version of Northrop Q-4;
- Northrop AQM-35B - An analog version of Northrop Q-4A.
Specifications Northrop AQM-35.
- Length: 10,06 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 3,38 m (depending on version).
- Height: 1,69 m (depending on version).
- Maximum takeoff weight: 1800 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising flight speed: 900 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 1650 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 150 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 18000 m (depending on version).
- aircraft engine Type: Jet;
- Power plant: Westinghouse XJ81-WE-3 (depending on version);
- Power: 8,1 kN. (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation