Noorduyn Norseman. Specifications. A photo.
Noorduyn Norseman - Canadian multi-purpose single-engine aircraft, manufactured by Aircraft «Norduyn Aircraft Inc.» with 1935 years.
Noorduyn Norseman photos
His appearance and design, the aircraft is not much different from other members of the single-engine aircraft of this era, however. in fact, the aircraft is multi-purpose in terms of their operation, and therefore, considered quite modern expert effective and popular.
In 30-x - 50-ies of the last century, the aircraft is actively used by a number of international airlines for their flights, in particular, this is due to high passenger capacity, the ability to carry large loads, as well as to land on the water, which in turn is very effective given the fact that the aircraft increasingly expected to operate in the territory of Canada itself, where the division of the island is very well defined.
A photoNoorduyn Norseman
Depending on version, on board the aircraft Noorduyn Norseman can accommodate up to 10 passengers, which in turn provides carriers the ability to carry out not only air travel on the local lines, but act in the inter-regional framework. To control the aircraft needed only one pilot, which in turn did not cause commercial flights shedule of additional costs and expenses, and was more than effective. If necessary, the aircraft could carry on his board and 1434 kilogram of payload, which is also considered to be very effective and efficient, with a maximum flight range of the aircraft is, depending on the version and variant of aircraft to 1,5 thousand kilometers.
The power plant air Noorduyn Norseman vessel represented by a single piston-cylinder radial aircraft engine 9 Pratt & Whitney R-1340-AN1 able to develop power in 600 hp, which in turn provided the aircraft and the flight rather impressive speed, reaching maximum values of about 275 km \ h. Engine Noorduyn Norseman aircraft is quite simple in terms of its use, but at the same time and has a high reliability, which is why, even though more than 80-year period of operation of the aircraft of this model allows you to use them at the moment.
In addition to civil aviation aircraft Noorduyn Norseman also found its application in the military, where it was used as a transport aircraft, or as the aircraft for landing.
According to official data, the aircraft of this model produced in 12 different versions, the distinctive feature of which is the size used by the power plant, chassis type, maximum load capacity and others.
- Noorduyn Norseman MkI - Basic production version, with the power plant with a capacity of 420 hp .;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkII - Modified version with a power capacity of ustanvkoy 450 hp .;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkIII - A modified version of a modified seating capacity, maximum vzlёtnym weight and dimensions of the aircraft;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkIV - An improved version of the aircraft;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkIVW - Training the military version of the aircraft designed for the US Air Force and Canada;
- Noorduyn Norseman YC-64A - Modification of military aircraft;
- Noorduyn Norseman C-64A - The military version of the aircraft;
- Noorduyn Norseman JA-1 - An improved version of Noorduyn Norseman C-64A;
- Noorduyn Norseman C-4B - A modified version of a military aircraft;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkVI - Modfiitsirovanny variant produced during the Second World War;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkV - a civilian version of the aircraft manufactured at the end of the Second World War;
- Noorduyn Norseman MkVII - An improved version of a civilian aircraft.
To date, according to the end of the year 2014, in the operation of the aircraft was 191 from 904 built.
Specifications Noorduyn Norseman.
- Crew: 1 people;
- Passenger: 10 people (depending on version);
- aircraft Length: 9,86 m (depending on version).
- Wingspan: 15,7 m (depending on version).
- Plane Height: 3,07 m (depending on version).
- Weight of empty aircraft: 1923 kg. (Depending on version);
- Payload: 1434 kg. (Depending on version);
- Maximum takeoff weight: 3357 kg. (Depending on version);
- Cruising speed: 245 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight speed: 275 km \ h. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight distance: 1500 km. (Depending on version);
- Maximum flight height: 5180 m .;
- aircraft engine type: a piston;
- Powerplant: Pratt & Whitney R-1340-AN1 (depending on version);
- Power: 600 hp (Depending on version).
- Aviation and literature
- A uniform
- Military aviation
- Civil Aviation
- Helpful information
- The calendar
- Aviation and music
- game air
- Plane Crash
- Aviation and cinema
- Educational establishments
- Author's articles
- Assemblies and units of air equipment
- The probability of catastrophes
- Online Timetable
- The calculation of the distance
Best in the world of aviation